Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display navigation attributes in alert moniter

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have requirement to have Navigation attribute in alert monitor along with the CVC characteristics.

We will be running alert macros in the background and see the out put in alert monitor output screen. with my search in the SCN i got information that

displaying navigation attribute can be enabled by implementing BADI   /SAPAPO/AM_ALERTLIST .

The above badi have three methods in it 

READ_CUSTDEF_PP_ALERTS

MODIFY_ALERTLIST

MODIFY_FIELDCATALOG

Can some one please suggest which method can be enhanced to display output and how to modify it.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin

I am not the expert in ABAP side but in our case we have used following 2 methods.

Using this methods, you can achieve the desired results.

MODIFY_ALERTLIST

MODIFY_FIELDCATALOG

Thanks and Regards

Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

the MODIFY_ALERTLIST should be sufficient for your purpose. The following logical sequence needs to be applied for processing it correctly.

1. Determine last column position of the field catalog
  2. Add new fields, i.e. navigation attribute(s) - fieldname, DDIC info, position)
  3. Update field catalogue via function module /SAPAPO/ATAB_FIELDCAT_SET (might be possible via method MODIFY_FIELDCATALOG as well. Worth trying it)
  4. Loop over alerts and enrich each row with the respective navigation attributes from the corresponding InfoObject (flat DDIC table)

regards, Peter

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter, I will try the same as suggested.