Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode Migration Import Definition Tablespace File

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Need some assistance please

I have exported a Non Unicode oracle BW system with an estimated size of 2.8 TB. The export dump file size was about 350 GB.

I have done the import (target System) a couple of times and am now ready to to do the Production in a months time.

I have noticed that when i am going thru the sapinst screens . it tells me the estimated db size is about 1400 GB. I.e

When Going and taking the advance option  and then coming to the following  screen

And then here ( Tablespace definition screen)

I made the DB 1.7 TB just to be safe.(.25 % more)  However when my import was running I end up adding manually more more datafiles

The db upon completion grew to 2.3 TB  almost  (just psapsr3) .. see screen below .

As you can see there was not a lot of compression and it took me some time setting up the Table space definition screen

I would like to be proactive next time and would like to know what file does these data file definitions get populated  into.

As you know when we have issues in the export. we can bypass some non critical areas into the keydb.xml .. Is there a file like this that I can create before so that I don't have to add the psapsr3 and the sapdata and the size in the sapinst screen..

Any help would be appreciated

Morgs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I found the issue

The DBsize.xml fiel needs to be tweaked before the installation starts

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

steven_pelser