cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we assign Parcel of Land in Rental Object ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

If I create both parcel of land and rental object, can I assign parcel of land into rental object?

I configured on "Assignment of Object from Other Components"  (SE16 view V_TIVBDOBJASS) to assign I8 (Parcel) into IM (RO), but SAP raise error message : Object assignment of I8 to IM is not supported (Message no. REBD057).

Thank you,

Budi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Budi,

Seems to be standard config will not allow us to link it to RO.What is the requirment on this point ?

Because we have an option to link the parcel of land to Contract type directly for finacial postings where rental objet is not mandatory to do contracts for parcel of Land.

Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao,

Thank you for confirmation.

By the way, my scenario is like this :

My company has bought several raw lands (has land certificate number). After develop those lands, then they split lands into small area and will be offered to tenant.

We create land (as commercial view) and rental object. Now we don't have relationship between raw land and usage view (land & RO). The requirement is we need to record land certificate number in rental object.

If we can use parcel of land, we will treat this parcel as raw land to keep information about certificate number and then assign it to RO.

Thank you,

Budi

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Budi,

For your requirement you can create a parcel of land(RELMPL) with all master data fields directly with out any rental objects.

If you are selling the same property to some customer you can do the transaction of land register (RELMPR) with all details of registration process.

To fill the certificate numbers you can use the standard fields in above transactions.

For Financial postings you have to follow the contract process only same like usage view.

Yu just treat LUM as master data, transactions are still handle via contracts or in FI module.

Entering contracts that relate to parcels as:

• Land lease contracts
  • Purchase and sale contracts
  • Right of use contracts, such as leases

Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao,

Yes, I see that we can only use LUM to create contract based on parcel of land.

But now can you tell me the border / what reason or when we use LUM or usage view (rental object) ? Is there best practice for land lease contract?

Thank you,

Budi

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Budi,

If you refer SAP help on LUM process: it’s clearly defined as

Land use management in Flexible Real Estate Management (RE-FX) integrates your company’s internal view with the public and legal view of land management. You can depict land registers, parcels and other public registers, link to other master data objects, set up contracts, and run reports.

Land use management can be applied especially for the following business processes:

• Depicting land register information:
    • Ownership relationships /  Rights of third parties /Liens and changes
  • Entering information on parcels and subsequent processes:
    • New land survey / Merging of parcels / Splitting of parcel
  • Entering information from other public registers:

Contamination/Easement register/Development plan/Site protection/Non-hazardous waste

• Recording notices of assessment and municipal fee notices
  • Entering contracts that relate to parcels:
    • Land lease contracts /Purchase and sale contracts/Right of use contracts, such as leases

Whereas in Usage view you will not be having these many functions especially registration process. Also it’s given under country (Germany) specific solution, but still if your business process needs LUM scenario you can adopt it for required country.

You can also refer below link from SAP help for more details on LUM.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/e8/5bd0531d8b4208e10000000a174cb4/content.htm?fram...

Also please refer below link for GEO-enablement of SAP RE-FX & LUM

http://sig2010.esrifrance.fr/iso_album/geo_enablement_of_refx__lumx_distributable_(sap).pdf

As I suggested you just treat LUM as master data, transactions are still handle via contracts or in FI module.

Thanks,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao,

Thank you for the complete explanation, it helps me.

Regards,

Budi

Answers (0)