Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In my installation transactions have long rollwaittimecouri

edurne_murgiondo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a virtual cluster  active/active Windows server 2012 with two instaces. When I check the transaction st03n  to improve response times,  I see that transactions have a high value in rollwaittime.

I have done traces to those transactions that have much rollwaittime and  I saw that the call to OLE_FLUSH_CALL takes quite a long time.

CPU time                     172 ms     Number      Roll ins           12

RFC+CPIC time                232 ms                 Roll outs          12

Enqueues            0

Total time in workprocs      502 ms

Load time   Program             2  ms

Response time           11.410 ms                 Screen              0  ms

CUA interf.         0  ms

Wait for work process         12 ms

Processing time              478 ms     Roll time   Out                31  ms

Load time                      2 ms                 In                  4  ms

Generating time                0 ms                 Wait           10.896  ms

Roll (in+wait) time       10.900 ms

Database request time         18 ms     Frontend    No.roundtrips      13

Enqueue time                   0 ms                 GUI time       10.971  ms

Net time           57  ms

I do not know exactly what the problem with the rollwaittime , Does anyone have a similar problem in your facility?

I appreciate it any suggestions

Regards

Edurne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raviraj_sap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edurne

Please check the following:

Displaying Transaction Profiles - Workload Monitor - SAP Library

Thanks

Ravi

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Edurne,

Can you check below note?

8963 - Definition of SAP response time/processing time/CPU time

As of Release 4.6, roll wait times also occur when the R/3 system communicates with the controls in the front end. While the data in the front end is processed, the R/3 context is rolled out, and the work process is released as a result. This may occur several times during a transaction step. If front-end office applications (such as Microsoft Word) are started and only closed after a long time (more than several minutes), a very long roll wait time also occurs.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edume,

Please also check if,

• Dialog max run time is set to a high value.
  • There are enough dialog work process to accommodate user load on the system.
  • The GUI time is not high.
  • Connectivity between you SAP application server and GUI is fine, there is no packet loss.

Regards,

Prithviraj.