cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM configuration 5 - tier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to setup ChaRM for 5-tier landscape, such that the landscape looks like: DEV -> SIT -> UAT  -> PRE-PROD -> PROD

Please suggest with the related customizations involved.

Because I know with the Standard flow we have the status "To be Tested" that needs to be modified in two different steps (For SIT & UAT)

And more-over we need to define roles of systems in logical component (Not sure, If I should assign SIT system as Evaluation System or Quality System)

Kindly suggest, if anybody?

Thanks,

Isha Arneja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Isha,

You would have to create 2 new actions in Action Profile eg. To be Tested in SIT, To be Tested in UAT.

and 2 new statuses in Status Profile eg. Successfully Tested in SIT / UAT.

We have defined a new system role for SIT / UAT system.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks, I have created two new status - Have also been able to modify Conditions & Action Profile.

Do you have any idea on STMS route configuration for 5-tier landscape?

Thanks for your Inputs.

Regards,

Isha

0 Kudos

Hi Isha,

STMS configuration is similar to 3 or 4 tier landscape. You will have to create a delivery route for your target systems.

Regards,

Prasad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Isha

Workbench request will effect in all the clients hence it is not a matter of concern.

However Customizing request will only import in all the clients if you had opted for auto import job for all the clients, best solution is use this auto import only in the clients where you want.

I doubt if you can store the non workbench items in a workbench request and hence it should be meant to be a workbench, otherwise you wont be able to perform that action if it will be customization 

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

Thanks for your response.

Just to Inform, yes we are able to add Programs changes and Table entries as well in 'Workbench TR'.

I doubt if SAP gives warning or error in this case - It didn't.

And for instance if anybody adds both 'Table entries and Program code' in workbench TR - so how does Sol Man will manage TR and its sequence with auto import Job.

Does the workbench TR - Import only to 1 Client or multiple Clients.

- If only one Client : how table entries move to all clients

- If multiple clients: Does the program is also imported to multiple clients.

Thanks,

Isha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With this landscape - we are even trying to schedule Auto Import Jobs for all the clients not part of ChaRM.

But there is a concern - Client is looking for the auto import jobs scheduled separately for workbench and customizing TRs - Does ChaRM takes care of Client specific requests all by its own?

Or it will import both types of Transport to all the clients (irrespective of workbench or customizing TRs)

Also, I have another query - At times if we create Workbench requests and add both Programs and Table Entries (table entries supposedly to be added in Customized Requests) - Does ChaRM gives a warning? Since, I am not able to see any warning if I add both the entries in Workbench requests-

Then how will auto import job takes care of such TRs with both Client Specific & non-specific TRs?

Kindly assist.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha