cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Alert emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using PI 7.3 dual stack and we have alerts configured in our system as well. A particular interface fails when a cancelled work order without any appropriate description comes in PI system from ECC, We are aware of this issue from a while now and are already working with third party to pass a cancellation reason so that it will not fail in PI.

For now the issue we are facing is, there are 200-300 such messages every day and for now we are ignoring them(they are not impacting business), but the number of alerts(email) for those failed messages we receive is in thousands, to say an approximate figure we get around 10K emails. This is causing mail exchange server to pile up and eventually their queue size becomes full.

We are not sure what is causing a single message generate 10-20 emails. The retry interval of a message in channel is 3 times.

We have also tried suppressing the alerts in RWB but that doesn't seem to be working as it is completely stopping all the alerts. Can you please suggest?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where does this message fail? In SXMB_MONI?

• If yes, check if SXMB_MONI has the auto retry parameter in SXMB_ADM ( IS_RETRY_LIMIT) set to  10?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Can you please help me in locating this parameter? I do have access to SXMB_ADM but not sure where this parameter is located.

Regards,

Akshat Saluja

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm that the error occurs in SXMB_MONI? If yes you can check SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration --> Specific Configuration.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Yes the error is in SXMB_MONI. I am still not able to see any Specific Configuration

I pointed out to SXMB_ADM-> integration engine configuration

Selected catogory as tunning

and I can see below parameters:

Any ideas?

Regards,

Akshat Saluja

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • IS_RETRY_LIMIT is used for restarting tRFC erorrs. If this parameter is not set this is value 10 by default. I am not a expert with this parameter myself
  • Also check if RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES has been scheduled.

What I think is happening is - the message that goes into error is getting auto restarted and for every auto restart the alert / alert mail is triggered. Do check in SXMB_MONI logs for this error message is a restart has been triggered.

If you would like to disable these Alert duplication, you would also need to control this parameter to avoid restarts.

Regards

Bhavesh

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat,

Please select "suppress multiple alert option from the alert rule

refer - Creating, Changing, and Deleting Alert Rules - Process Integration Monitoring - SAP Library

If you do not want further alerts to be generated once the rule has been met until the first alert has been confirmed, select the Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule checkbox.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

We have 4 categories defined. Should we go ahead and supres all of them?

Regards,

Akshat Saluja