cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales document restrict plant basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All, We are using same sales area for both plant sales and deport sales,Document types are different and based on the document type pricing procedure will be change,But our sales team created wrong depot orders by entering the mother plant,actually they should enter depot plant code,This month we have found 30 wrong orders with plant mismatch,Now our business team asking to restrict the sales document type based on the plant basis,Kindly provide the best solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

if I understood you correctly, if you create order type ZA1, you want to use only plants B001, C001, D001 as delivering plants and you have procedure A, but when you create ZA2, you want to use plants B002, C002, D002 and you determine pricing procedure B.

Just define  2 statistical mandatory conditions, which cannot be processed manually and use the plant in the access, assign them to your procedures and maintain conditions only for the plants that are allowed. This will make the document incomplete for pricing and you can prevent such user mistakes in the future.

You need to ensure that only qualified and knowledgeable people are authorized to maintain the special conditions.

It is possible also to manage that with a single condition if you also add the document type as a criteria, but I personally prefer to have them as separate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi K,

There is no such option in SAP to restrict Sales document type with plant as per my knowledge. However there are other options through which you can restrict a plant code to be entered in a particular order,

1. Assignment of sales organization - distribution channel - plant and later assignment of sales area with sales document.

But as you are using same sales area for both kind of sales so this option will not help you much.

There is an other option is to bound the material with a single plant if it is possible. What I mean is if your material codes are unique for both sales then you can restrict a material with single plant code and then when you use that material code in your order, it will not allow to enter any other plant code except which is bound with the material.

If you have common material codes for both the plants then you have to take the help of abaper to provide any error or warning msgs for plant check in a particular order type.

Hope this will help you.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not possible in standard, you can write an enhancement in program MV45AFZB, probably on form USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP to control if the entered plant in item is allowed for sales document type and give an error message if not.