SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Determination in Sales Order after PSM-FM activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After activation of the Company Code for update in Funds Management, the system starts checking “Account Determination” during creation of Sales Order. The same Account Determination is normally checked only in Billing Document.

However for some Conditions, the system is unable to set account by VKOA, and this avoid  the order creation. The problem only occurs for Sale Orders, once these specific Conditions are not checked in Accounting Determination of the Billing Document.

The solution in PSM-FM should be simple, disabling integration with Customer Order in OFUP transaction. This solution did not work (in Public Sector Management --> Funds Management Government --> Actual and Commitment Update/Integration --> General Settings --> Make Other Settings).

Additionally, I have followed the instructions of SAP Note 591573 (Cancel the update of sales order in FM), but it did not work. Other notes were also consulted (831386 and 1268001).

There is not configuration for Integration with SD order item (in Public Sector Management --> Funds Management Government --> Actual and Commitment Update/Integration --> Integration --> Maintain Field Status for Assigning FM Account Assignments).

I have noticed that other companies also had the same problem (SCN example:  http://scn.sap.com/thread/1322708).

As workaround, I temporarily registered an G/L Account in VKOA, so that the system can derive Account for all conditions and the sales order can be created normally. It is not expected any Posting, it is only expected the system allows the creation of sales order.

Is it possible to have a configuration in PSM-FM to avoid Account Determination in Sales Order (as it was before activation of the Company Code for update in Funds Management)?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think this would be possible. Even if SD orders are not updated in FM, internal account assignment algorithm is already operational as long as PSM-FM indicator is switched on. You can consult this OSS note to see if it can be of any help: 1877385 - FMDERIVE - CI using G/L account from SD interface - error message FI313

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think this would be possible. Even if SD orders are not updated in FM, internal account assignment algorithm is already operational as long as PSM-FM indicator is switched on. You can consult this OSS note to see if it can be of any help: 1877385 - FMDERIVE - CI using G/L account from SD interface - error message FI313

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thank you for this information. I have suspected that the activation of Account Determination would be independent of any PSM-FM setting (it would be operational as soon activates PSM-FM for the Company Code). Your opinion is very important to increase/prove this theory.

I have consulted OSS note 1877385, however Account Determination occurs regardless of FMDERIVE (even activating the Trace FMDERIVE is not called).

Anyway, I will configure a "dummy" account in VKOA, since it is not expected any posting. Alternatively, I could check an SD consultant to evaluate the possibility of some configuration in SD.

Again thank you for your feedback.

Herson