Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Identify and Delete Old/Obsolete CVC's

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

Can any one provide inputs on how to identify obsolete CVC's in PA . One of the articles spoke about writing a Macro but can any one provide with any other options or what the macro code should look like.

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check the following steps:

1. You can write a macro to check whether there is any forecast or sales exist for the CVCs. If there is     no data available against any keyfigure then generate an alert.

2. Based on the alert you can prepare a file.

3. Upload the file in the realignment table with target as some dummy value. Let 's target CVC will be       TEST ( for all characteristic )

4. Run the realignment. After reallignment it will delete all the obselete CVCs that you have loaded to       realignment table and create the one dummy CVC, the target one. If you want you can delete the         target CVC that is created after realignment.

regards

Kishor

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Please have a look at below document - It talks about various standard options available to delete CVCs from APO  -

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52856

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Alok

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

I have already gone through that post but in my case i do not have a list of the CVC's . I need to find the CVC's which do not have data for past 6 months and delete those.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

I don´t think so there is SAP standard solution for the above case.

You are taking about automatic life cycle mgmt of CVCs. We did similar activity but in 2 steps.

We had user exist macro, which use to run and check if we have date for past months in the planning area for respective CVCs and load into Z* table. Other custom job use to read these entries from Z* table and delete the CVCs from PLOB.

Please let me know if this information helps you or you find any other approach which could also suit us.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Before you do anything 'custom', look at standard transaction //MC62 > delete obsolete combinations.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

I have tried that option but the result generated has CVC's missing what i mean is some CVC's which do not have data are not being picked by this option. Is this the only approach or am i missing anything with this standard option.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Your definition of 'old/obsolete' is evidently different from SAP's definition of obsolete.  I suspect you will have to design something new that will delete CVCs according to your definition.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49