cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned cost in KKA2 is different than CN41N

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

The issue is, in KKA2, the planned cost is 411169 and in CN41N, CJ41 & S_ALR_87013533 the project planned total cost is 321459. Difference of planned cost in KKA2 & CN41N is 411169 - 321459 = 89710.

I found, there is a drop ship PO linked to the project and few line items are deleted, total value of deleted PO line items is 76954, I guess the deleted PO line item total is coming to KKA2. But still total(76954) is 12756 less than the difference of 89710

When I ran CJEN, in detail list there are two entries of every drop ship WBS elements, one is with budget type KSTP, value type 1, period block blank & other with budget type COIN, value type 4, period block 16, Ledger currency value & TC value total is same for both entries.

Please advice why planned cost is different in KKA2 than CN41N

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the PS plan costs by using a Cost Element report such as S_ALR_87013542.

RA pulls the cost plan by cost elements from the summary tables.

CN41N performs a process called "elimination of internal business processes" to show where costs were incurred even after settlement.  This needs interpretation sometimes to match it against other reports.

CJ41 is WNS cost planning only, are you using Network cost planning at all?

The 3533 report is not a cost element based report.

Using the Cost Element based report you can compare it to the RA detail report by LID.  This will show what is causing the difference or at least where RA is pulling the cost plan values.  You will probably need to make for RA config changes regarding LID assignment.

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I have checked report S_ALR_87013542 and planned cost is 244505 which is correct as drop ship planned cost(76954) is maintained in CJ40 and total is 244505 + 76954 = 321459

If KKA2 pulls the cost plan by cost elements it should show either 321459 or less, not more. Currently it is showing 411169 planned cost.

We are not using Network cost planning

I checked  OKGA for LIDs and there is configuration maintained as shown in pic below

Please suggest if anything missing in configuration ?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Amit

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at OKG5 for the Cost element to LID assignment.

Then look at the Results Analysis log by LID to see where the costs are coming from.

I cannot diagnose your configuration on this forum, it is too complicated.  RA config takes a lot of work and testing.  It is very dependent on your Chart of Accounts.

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Sorry for late reply, was extremely busy.

In KKA2 transaction, after entering selection parameters, in drop down only "Display Result Analysis" shows data, all other options in drop down shows nothing.

Display Result Analysis shows:

and below is OKG5 configuration

1. Is there a way to see the detailed breakup of KKA2, particularly planned cost.

2. There is a drop ship PO and the value of it is close to the difference in CN41N & KKA2 Planned Costs.We are maintaining drop ship planned cost in CJ40. I guess, KKA2 is calculating drop ship planned cost twice. I noticed there is no configuration for LID THP-Third Party Costs, would that be affecting the planned cost somehow ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Amit

Answers (0)