Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from PI 7.31 to higher version

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PI Champs ,

Need your inputs and expert suggestions.

We are planning to upgrade our system from SAP PI 7.31 to higher versions soon and also project have plans to bring in Fiori and HANA but before that we need to present ideas in front of client which are below

1) how this will be helpful to client in terms of bringing new business and increasing system performance, as our's is a bank client and we mostly deal with below adapters.

WS (CRM system )---->PI----> Soap (SOA system)--->Legacy system

WS----->XI

WS--->WS

WS--->JMS

JMS--->WS

Soap--->WS

So kindly suggest if we upgrade what can be advantages over PI 7.31.

Looking forward to hear back from you soon.

Regards

S Tomar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomar,

Just like a tip, when i have to write down the advantages of each version i usually check the SAP documentation about "What's new"

What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.5 (Release Notes) - SAP Library

What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (Release Notes) - SAP Library

You have to navigate in each SP and to search anything about Process Integration.

Regards.

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for sharing above information, will go through them as suggested but in case you have some experience of using higher version of PI then u must be knowing the advantages and if possible can list down , will be very helpful for me to present to my client.

Regards

S Tomar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honest Answer - for the adapter's you have described as used in your landscape, PO 7.5 provides nothing new.. What it does though is provides a host of other features which if relevant to your client might add value for which you need to go through those blogs and understand if any of them can add value..

In my opinion, the main reason I like  PO 7.5 is the support for cloud integration content, which means standard HCI Content can be deployed on to a PO 7.5 server and used as-is. PO 7.5 has a partial runtime of HCI which means HCI Integration Content can be leveraged on PO 7.5 enabling customers to use standard pre-delivered content from SAP. Is this relevant to your customer., well only you can say!

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tomar,

In the new Installations you can get Rest adapter with polling,ODATA and polling webservices and SFTP FCC.

And for other new things the Release notes suggested by Inaki should help you out.