cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing File Transfer Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very new to SAP PI and  created a file to file transfer scenario based on tutorial that is available. However, I don’t see that this interface is running to transfer files. I don’t see any trace in SXMB_MONI or “Runtime Workbench”.  I created following objects as part of this file transfer interface:

1) Sender & Receiver business systems

2) Sender & Receiver communication channels

3) Sender & Receiver agreements

4) Interface determination

From what I understood till now, SAP PI sender communication channel automatically triggers every n  seconds that is defined  in the polling frequency. I am not sure how to debug this problem.

This seems to be very simple but I don’t know how to figure it out. Spent last few hours in googling & SDN  but couldn’t find any answer.

Thanks,

Vardhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri, in your scenario, what is missing to create an object called Receiver determination, where the mandotory items to complete are the interface and target business system.

Regards!!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

Did you place the file in the source directory?

if yes check the CC Monitoring as Inaki suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki, Raghuraman.

I checked the CC Monitoring logs and that is working now. Now I can see the requests in SXMB_MONI.

But in SXMB_MONI shows error. I am receiving the INTERFACE_REGISTRATION_ERROR. Please find below the screenshot of the error.

I had created the Sender Agreement and Receiver Agreement and gave some Dummy Interface name and Namespace.

Interface : ZZ_ABC

Namespace : http://abc

Do I need to register this somewhere?

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you are using proxy receiver channel to send the data. And your Receiver interface is dummy, hence it is trying to find the dummy interface in the system.

Please create a file receiver channel and not proxy receiver channel. Choose the adapter type as File.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post your config screnshots Sri.

No need of any registrations.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Go to communication channel monitoring and check if there is any exception in the audit log. (http://<serverpi>:<portpi>/rwb -> Adapter Engine -> Communication Channel Monitor)

Regards.

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Please check whether you can done following configuration ?

1) In the sender, provide the Source directory (, i.e. the place where the Sender File is kept), name of the file, Poll interval, Processing Mode etc. have you maintained it ?

2) For the receiver, provide the Target directory (, i.e. the place where the File will be placed), name of the file. Specify the source directory from where to pick the file.

Processing mode should be Delete.

Regards

S Tomar

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Also "SAP PI sender communication channel automatically triggers every n  seconds that is defined  in the polling frequency." for this you will have to place the file mannually in the directory by using tcode AL11. once message mapping is done then go to test tab to copy the source code into .xml file and place the same