cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3. Default flavor versus flavor assignment in scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Personas group,

we are assigning flavors to roles using standard admin settings including setting the default flavor. Our user base does not the have the authorization to select a flavor (so we did create a new role based on the consumer role and took the 'select flavor' authorization off), they just use what is given to them.

We have some transactions that have several flavors and control this using regular scripting. (session.utils.changeFlavor(<GUID>)). That does not work for the users with the restricted role but for all other users that have an admin/editor role.  The restricted user always gets the default flavor, not the one specified in the script call. If that is intentional and the script runs in the security context of the logged on user (and thus cannot switch flavors)  how do I change a flavor on such a a user base?

thanks

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clemens_gantert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

I understand what you are trying to achieve: You want to switch to a flavor dynamically based in certain criteria via a script while at the same time not letting users pick for themselves.

Since the script runs in the security context of the logged in user (as you have already suspected) this is currently not possible. I have discussed this internally already and without making any promises on actual delivery or delivery date we will consider this in our planning for future features.

Best Regards,

Clemens

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In the meantime, you may follow the method described in this thread:

mkanungo
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have the same requirement. Is this feature available now in sap screen personas ?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If I remember correctly, this should work already... try it with your example scenario, using the session.utils.changeFlavor script command and see the result. Then, please report back confirming whether you were successful. This will help others having the same requirement.

Answers (0)