SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICA-FM Integration Error FKKFMCHK008

chamakavingam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am experiencing this error during my integration testing for FM with FICA on invoicing, transaction code EA19. Restrictions based on note 686383 have been considered which restricts assigning a commitment item to a recon account in the derivation rules.

Note: Software component is FICA 617

I would be glad to know if there are any other technical limitations besides the derivation rules for mains and sub transactions which I am sure are maintained well.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check if note  1984318 - Error FKKFCHK008 when invoicing with amount zero applies to your case?

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check if note  1984318 - Error FKKFCHK008 when invoicing with amount zero applies to your case?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for the response I checked that note and my basis team said its already active

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, as a first measure, I'd make sure that commitment items in question are defined with relevant financial transactions. If it's the case, I'd try and debug to see the reason why account assignment is not properly derived.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

The commitment items in question are debtors reconciliation accounts and according to OSS Note 686383 they should not have a derivation rule for the how ever commitment item with financial transaction 60 and item category 2 is maintained for the reconciliation accounts.

See also below text from note 686383

"An invoice with a business partner item and a G/L account item is an example of a 30-60 posting. For

the business partner item, the system assumes that a commitment item with financial transaction 60

is assigned to the reconciliation account. However, the business partner item must not contain the

commitment item of the reconciliation account - instead, the FM account assignments of the general

ledger item are passed on to the business partner item during the posting, if the general ledger

item contains a commitment item with financial transaction 30. Therefore, reconciliation accounts

must not have any derivation rule that copies the commitment item from the G/L account. The business partner item therefore received a commitment item with financial transaction 30 during the posting and is updated with the FM category "Invoice".

If i maintain my revenue accounts with 30/2 and the recon account 60/2, through trace revenue accounts are deriving well with the recon accounts in question having a blank field on commitment item. Note the debtors recon accounts are not assigned to a commitment item in the derivation strategy

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if you assign G/L account to commitment item of nature 60, you still have to derive it. I.e. you need a rule that derives commitment item from G/L master data.

0 Kudos

Eli

Noted but will have a question for you; 1. Does the note 688363 I referred above contrary to reality?

However I have tried that and it was giving an error as well FKKFMCHK018 Posting not permitted; business transaction not recognized. Revenue GL accounts through trace will be deriving the recon account commitment item as well

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I see your doubt... Frankly, I cannot tell without having a good view on the inside process for business partner items. It's been a long time I had a project with FICA/FM and cannot remember if I encountered any issues like this. If you cannot debug to see whether FKKFMCHK008 is issued due to some wrong settings, you'd better raise a message to OSS. Sorry, that I cannot help you further... If you do find an answer, please, update the thread.