cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data source safety belt / Universe connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN-Community,

currently I´m dealing with a BW safety belt problem. Because of the BW download connector within the Lumira a large query qould result into a safety belt issue.

My question now, would the universe (unx) connector work the same way like the BW connector or would it work in online mode like the HANA connectors? So maybe I could create a universe based on a BEx query...

Kind regards

Andre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre - right now the only tool that supports a universe on a BEx Query is Web Intelligence (in BI4.2)

So I don't think this will work with Lumira

May I ask, what is the business reason for bringing back so much data back to Lumira?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Tammy Powlas wrote:

May I ask, what is the business reason for bringing back so much data back to Lumira?

the problem is, when I select some dimensions / measures and fetch data of the last two years for example the whole dataset would be fetched from the BW regardless of whether the dimensions would be used in one visualization / aggregation at the same time. Other tools like Analysis for Office only fetching the used dimensions and aggregations I think.

Kind regards

Andre

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre - please see this SAP Whitepaper on BW safety belt settings:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20681f42-5be5-2f10-f890-dc8578e6e...

Answers (0)