Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WEB Dispatcher, Application routing issue

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to access to NWBC HTML (ICM HTTP Service) from external network (internet) to internal network, my architecture is like image below.

we have installed SAP Web dispatcher and config it in a way to communicate with message server, from local network when i connect to dispatcher machine port 8000 , web dispatcher redirect me to one of our ABAP machines, but the problem is that redirecting to this machine is nonsense when you are connecting to dispatcher from internet.

I wanna know how should i config the dispatcher in a way to rout application request and answer to internet client without redirecting them to local network. for more clarification i explain my scenario like this, we have following machines:

1 * Web dispatcher

1 * message server (ASCS)

2 * ABAP (machine1 and machine2)

its now load balancing is on ASCS (message server) and it is working fine , when i enter my dispatcher machine like ( sap.xyz.com) it goes to the firewall and dispatcher and message server and finally reach to one of ABAP servers, but the problem is that in address bar the address automatically change to http://machine1.xyz.com. so as a result we can not access to service.

i appreciate your assistance.

Regards,

ALI.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would like to appreciate for all answers, and i like ti share the resolution in my scenario. my case have resolved by adding following parameters in my Web Dispatcher start profile:

wdisp/system_0 = SID = XYZ, MSHOST= MESSAGE_SERVER.XYZ.com, MSPORT=8$$$, SID=<SID>, SRCSRV=/

AND ALSO SOME PARAMETERS FOR SECURITY Consideration.

Plus, for HTTPURLLOC , for field DOMAIN, i must add "*".

Regards,

ALI.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

but the problem is that in address bar the address automatically change to http://machine1.xyz.com. so as a result we can not access to service.

Can you please attach the Web Dispatcher profiles to this thread?

Please attach the SAP backend profiles as well.

There is an option that allows you to attach a "zip" file to the thread, so you do not need to post all the content of the profiles in your reply.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

You have to add additional some rules in the icm_filter and web dispatcher profile:

wdisp/system_1 = MSHOST=xxx.com, MSPORT=8$$$, SID=<SID>, SRCSRV=XXX.com:80,

wdisp/system_2 = ...

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=81$$

icm/server_port_2 = ...

You can try following rules:

if %{HTTP_HOST} regimatch external.host.com*

SetHeader x-sap-webdisp-target-sid <SID>

RegRewriteUrl ^/$ /irj/portal [break]

you can find more information about redirecting using web dispatcher here:

SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Library

Regards,

Carroll M

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

You can use the HTTPURLLOC table to adjust the URLs and prevent the web browser from knowing the internal hostnames. You can visit this wiki page for more details on HTTPURLLOC and related maters.

Regards,

Cris

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Cristiano,

as i explained, it seems this method is not working with web dispatcher scenario, any comment you may need to add?

Thanks,

ALI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

What is understand is your webdispatcher is exposed to internet. and your webdispathcer is connected to backend abap server.

Now you want to access services in abap system through webdispatcher. but while accesing these services from webdispatcher you are getting abap server hostname in addressbar.

If this is the case  then can you check httpurlloc entry in abap system is it having public hostname .i.e. webdispatcher details the address which you use from internet.

Regards,

Rajeev

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rajeev,

Thanks for your reply, i added an entry in HTTPURLLOC but according to the WIKI PAGE which Cristiano is provided, the rule below is against scenario.

Rule 4: The HTTPURLLOC table must be configured if no Web Dispatcher Access Points are used, or in all cases if the start URL must be generated from the WebAS system.

in my scenario, the public address in dns point to web dispatcher machine, then web dispatcher send incoming requests to ASCS(Message Server) machine and Message Server decide about ABAP server (ICM Server) which must answer (LOAD BALANCING IN Message Server). then as you truly understand and explained an ABAP server redirected and the problem happens.

Is it a problem with message server configuration? or Web Dispatcher config?

Regards,

ALI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Rule 4: is applicable for  Recommended only SP43<=620<SP57, SP05<=640<SP16 and 700<SP06.

It seems httpurlloc table config was in effect from support package sap_basis 620_43 and sap_basis 640_05

please refer note and sap documentation link in the sap note 750292 - BSP: URL Generation in a config of WebAS with Web Dispatcher

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Please refer below link to determine if your application is stateful or stateless:

Determining the Server Group - SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Library

Thanks and Regards,

Deepa.