Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana Backup failing due to in valid absolute path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team ,

I am facing a situation SAP HANA backup is failing due to the error

"447: backup could be completed : [ 7100007] Invalid absolute path to file SQLSTATE :HY000"

Backup is scheduled to happen via cron .

How ever when I am trying to trigger the backup via hana studio   with default & without  default backup location to any other path , I am facing same error.

I checked the "basepath_databackup "  and the default value is absolute  & not relative as it should be by default.

I have already checked the another discussion with thread is 3708325 in which Lars suggest to change the path.

I checked that path used in the "BACKUP Database ....." command   is accessible from OS level.

I am able  to trigger the backup when I am triggering it via  sql command  in SQL command editor when run  backup prefix only but failing with complete path ( backup path + backup prefix ).

What could be possible reason behind this error.

Regards ,

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hei,

Please login to the system as sidadm user and go to the backup destination (100% same as specified in hana studio) and do a touch test.bck.

If this results in an file test.bck with no content, a backup must be possible.

But I think that you run into some problems before you are able to Write the file.

Rights are most likely wrong. But just do the simple test.

Regards,

Frans Trip

Former Member
0 Kudos

And just an addition,

The owner of the backup filesystem should be root,sapsys and it should have all rights

drwxrwxr-x

Then sidadm user who is member of sapsys also has rights to Write in the backup filesystem.

And the backup should work.

And maybe to easy, but do you have Space in the filesystem for the backup ?

Regards,

Frans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Johan ,

I am able to create the file at  OS level.

We are using a script that will create a custom folder &  then create backup with a custom file name. So when backup is create using a SQL ( Backup All....) with only the backup Prefix the backup is being created in location as given in parameter "basepath_databackup".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked that owner of the file backup system is <sidadm>  , however I observed earlier backup with same ownership were successful.

Also I observed  that "mode"  is set to multidb in system configuration . However  the M_Databases still shows me single DB configuration.

Could this be a reason for this.

Regards ,

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

If you can Write in the filesystem as sidadm user you must also be able to Write a backup there.

If we just do some simple steps now.

Hanastudio Connect and open the backup console and Write a backup to the filesystem. (not using any scripting, only basic Tools.)

If this Works you have an error in the script regarding the PATH for the backup.

And this is also the error that you get from Hana: invalid absolute path

If the basic backup works, we can take a look at the script.

Regards,

Frans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you checked allready but,

Did you look at note 1651055 regarding backup script ?

And please note this is an example script provided by SAP but without any support from SAP !

Regards,

Frans

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems my HANA instance was installed as Muiti DB & then changed to Single some how.

I can see systemdb & with enteries for 2 ohter db folder. mode = multidb is already set.

So i have find some way to resolve this by making all the setting as per single db

Regards ,

Abhinav

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

For the SQL command backup data, please refer to https://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/75/a06c444e9a4b3287a46a6a40b4ee69/content.htm

BACKUP DATA USING FILE ('COMPLETE')  <- only use prefix

BACKUP DATA USING FILE ('/backup/MONDAY')  <- path and prefix, the directory /backup and the prefix MONDAY.

For using backup in HANA studio, please check the path and permission is right or not? below is an example.

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ning .

But both  Path permission are correct .

Regards ,

Abhinav

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Sorry, that seems to be strange.

Did you get the help from SAP AGS side and what did they say?

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ning ,

Yet to report this to SAP.

Regards ,

Abhinav