Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time profile change..

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HEllie,

WE just went live with IBP 5 Supply. I have a question about time profile. My current active profile has only months. Is it possible to change it to have quarters also included? I see the +'and - icons deactivated. Any help will be appreciated.

THanks,

Subash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody.

As per Ana I removed the old time profile and inserted a new Time profile. I tried to activate the Pl Area but ended up with the following error.

Since I did not understand the message after 2 tries I put back the old Time Profile and activated the same. Does it mean one can not change the time profile structure once it is linked to the planning area?

Thanks,

Subash

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

From the experience so far, I would never recommend to change the time profile of an active planning area. The best practice is to make a copy of the PA and assign the new TP.

Updating time profile metadata structure is a massive change, usually impacting the assignment of PERIODID(n) attributes, requiring manual adjustments of the planning levels and/or some KF calculation. Plus of course data reload.

=> what i suggest now: make a copy of the inactive planning area (or the original one which i hope you still have), assign this new TP before activating it for the first time, review planning levels to ensure that quarterly is assigned and activate. 

Regards

Alecsandra

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Alecsandra.

One final question..can I extend the existing TP by just adding another 8 years in just monnts?

Subash

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, you can extend it, but make sure that you overwrite the existing values exactly the same. I would prefer loading the time profile from the very beginning for a longer horizon and then restrict the planning horizon.

Cheers,

Alecsandra

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody....for all the help.

Subash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Yes Ana is correct use a new time profile

0 Kudos

Yes this should be possible. 

You need to change the definition of time profile in Web UI where you have assigned the time profile to the planning area. 

The time profile data also needs to have quarters defined.

once you make the changes and activate the planning area, after loading the new time profile data you shoukd see the quarters in excel.

anamika_mudgal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subash,

You wont be able to add/modify an active time profile if it is assigned to one or more planning area.

Kindly un assign it and then try to add time levels.

Regards,

Ana M