cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 8 -- error "User could not be found in Identity Management database" while using Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've installed a new SAP IDM 8.0 system.  When i try to login to SAP Identity Management database from Eclipse tool, it throws the error "User could not be found in Identity Management database".

Here are the list of steps which i've performed on the server till now:

1.  Identity Center Installation
2.  Define JDBC layer for JMX Communication (MSSQL2012)
3.  Adding the Identity Management Database as a Data Source (DevStudio)
4.  Create Data Source (IDM_DataSource)
5.  Install Developer Studio
6.  Configuring the JMX layer

Request you to let me know if there are any checks to be done to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Gangadhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gangadhar,

The Developer user created during Installation can be seen in mc_users table.

Could you please run the below query and verify the user in database.

Select * from MC_USERS.

Regards,

C Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thank you.  I was able to check the user in the mc_users table using "use MXMC_db  select * from MC_USERS ;" query.

Even the Eclipse issue is also solved now.

Regards,

Gangadhar

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gangadhar,

Good to know that you have fixed the issue.

Following the SCN community guidelines, please mark/update the correct/helpful answer to close the thread.

For more details please see http://scn.sap.com/thread/3872325

Regards,

C Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this the first time you are attempting to log into Eclipse? If so are you using the default user created during the db installation (typically devadmin)? Confirm that you user has been defined in the UME of AS Java and that you have the developer ume role assigned to your profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Yes this is the first time am attempting to login to Eclipse.

The default user "idmadmin" has been created in the UME and it has the "idm developer" role.  In fact i tried to give full access to that user and tried, but it still gives the same error.

The data sources "DevStudio"  & "IDM_DataSource" are created as per the Installation guide both are working when i checked with "ping destination".

Also the JMX layer has been created as per the Installation guide.

Thanks,

Gangadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another place to check for further details would be in the Developer Trace log in Netweaver Administrator. See if there's an error message with more information captured there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Here is the error which i get when logging through Eclipse:

User could not be found in Identity Center

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.idm.db.exceptions.IdMDbException: User could not be found in Identity Center

at com.sap.idm.ic.rest.security.IdmSecurityManager.login(IdmSecurityManager.java:136)

at com.sap.idm.ic.rest.odata4sap.services.utils.IdCenterUserLoginEnt...

Location:  com.sap.idm.ic.rest.odata4sap.services.utils.IdCenterUserLoginEntityUtil

Where as i've created the user "idmadmin" using the mxmc-install.cmd script.  Also i've given full permission to that user in NWA UME.  Not sure where it is fetching this error message.

Thanks,

Gangadhar