cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC creation (LMDB wizard) - Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m facing an error during the LMDB configuration in particulary during the system creation in the Technical Systems option. In the step "Destinations" where we setup all the RFC´s between Solution Manager and the managed system (in this specific case the DEV system - ERP development system). In the RFC creation screen it show me the following error:

Error during connection to system DEV / 110: Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=20 thRc=497

Unable to determine host address: ).

The user an the password are right, the user is not locked in the managed system (DEV).

I can ping both servers from each server

I put the IP and hostname in the hosts file of each server and also the sapms<SID> 3600/tcp entries in each services file

Example:

sapmsDEV 3600/tcp # SAP System Message Server Port

Even so... it didn´t solve my problem. It still show me the same error during the RFC creation.

Can you help me to solve this situation please?

Thank you,

samid

aabderrahim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi I am facing same Issue

did you find any Solution?

Kr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check RFC manually?

-Yogesh

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Error you are seeing could be a network error, not an application error, can you ensure that the OS level of the system could actually ping the host of the target system ?

Also check

2096433 - Error of Test Login in step Maintain RFCs

1964058 - SOLMAN_SETUP: issues in the RFC destinations status

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

if you are not using dns, then can you recheck the entry in host file there might be spelling mistake. Also please check by pinging hostname.

Regards,

Rajeev