cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced SLT replication scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've been using SLT for some time but mainly for 1:1 replication without changes. Just now tried my first SLT enhancement for read text.

Thanks to 's blog...

Now I've come across a scenario where I need to transform data; here are few challenges:

1. For any record created in LIPS (Delivery item) in ECC, first I need to get respective orders / statuses from VBAP, VBUK, VBUP etc, then call standard ECC ABAP function module passing on selected data records

2. output of this function module has schedule line information with delivery data (Completely difference granularity and keys than LIPS)

3. This output needs to be written in ZVBEP table in HANA.

In a nutshell, LIPS is source and ZVBEP (same keys as VBEP with one additional column) is destination + ability to call ECC function module.

Is this even possible in SLT? Or should I be looking at BODS/ SDI tools?

Real-time replication is key requirement; if not i'll simply write a program in ECC and dump in a Z table.

Thanks.

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

Have you given a thought to create a view in HANA itself, which would pull data from all the tables and show in one window for HANA.

as we are replicating all the table as is why not create view in HANA with all those tables and just open it whenever required as these will have the data getting replicated Real time the view always have an updated value.

Please let meknow your feedback, also please correct me in case if there is any changes in assumptions.

Amar Ghuge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Challenge is - SAP Function module holds tremendous business logic, which replicating in HANA will take much effort + performance overhead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

Then as per my knowledge creating the view in ECC and then replicating the same to HANA should make the life more feasible and easier.

as of now DMIS SP 8 SLT does have capability to replicate the view, so in this case any changes to the view we just need to make sure to restart the replication of the view in case if there are any changes to structure.

Let me knw your thoughts as well.

Amar