cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking lended/demo products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

We're currently using the consignment process (KB - KA - KE) for lending products for demo-purposes (mainly), and allthough there's some positive sides to this process, we feel there's a missing link somewhere for us to have easy and necessary control of this stock. Yes, you do have the standard MB58 report, which is one of the positive aspects of using this process. Anyway:

Due to our line of business, we quite often send products for both demonstration and trial-purposes, in thoery contractual and signed; customers trial-periods can be anywhere from 1 week to 3 months. In practice, many of these are forgotten or wildly overdued.

Basically I have this fantasy where the consigment-process can still be used, but the KB-orders is trackable in large scale based on a "valid to"/"trial period end" date. A KB-order that wasn't complete until either a subsequent KA or KE (or a mix) have issued all lines and quantities of the underlying KB. Will this only be a fantasy, or is this feasible in some way, by config/some wild order-type/?

I guess we could probably use some sort of contract-arrangement, but this seems tideous; also, we're still the owner of the products/ hence the consignment-process was favoured.

As I understand, there's no "hard link" between customer stock (W) and the KB-order, it's only a transfer of stock at a given time. With hundreds of KB-orders and thousands of products, this is somewhat painful and time-consuming for us. And it seems weird to us not being able to handle this with ease.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vegard,

if you have multiple KBs for the same combination of customer and material, can the customer provide the reference to the specific KB, for which he returns the material or the employees just take the oldest KB order? Or are you using some different form of traceability to find the origin of the item - e.g. serial numbers?

Answers (0)