Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on SLT capabilities

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please let me know your views on below two pointers?

1. as per new features of DMIS 2011 SP08,

a.  replication into SAP ABAP-based system(table based)

b.  replication into SAP ABAP- based system into Application layer is technically possible.

query1 -    so if I want to carry out replication from Hana to ECC for tables only, what are the steps to be followed?

query 2-    what are the limitations for scenario(b) mentioned above?

2. 'Load' option is a one time event wherein, complete records of data flow into destination target and then stops.

query 3-    suppose if I want to carry out full load on a daily basis for some tables, can SLT be used in this case?

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Saritha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saritha,

Let me try to get some information and share some here;

Question 1: so if I want to carry out replication from Hana to ECC for tables only, what are the steps to be followed?

Steps would remain the same, there will not be any difference; following would be the scenarios though

Scene 1: are you replicating the Data from HANA system schema then its NON-ABAP to ABAP slt replication where in we will ave to give DB connection details first and then the RFC details

Scene 2 : If you are replicating the data from any application component on HANA example ECC or BW on HANA to other ECC it would be ABAP to ABAP implementation.

Question 2: what are the limitations for scenario(b) mentioned above?

Not very sure/ couldn't find much information on this.

Question 3: why dont you give a thot to the scheduled SLT replciation in which the delta records will be updated in particular time intervals only.

If there are huge no of tables BODS works the best.

here I do not understand the intention behind the configuration Saritha, we would add data to HANA for good processing what are you trying to achieve by replicating the same to ECC ABAP systems.

Replicating from HANA to ECC any DB would add some definite overhead in HANA system as it will have to deal with all the changes happening the tbles triggers execution etc.

Please share some information on these topics if you can.

Amar Ghuge

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Thanks for your inputs.

So based on your details, suppose I have to do replication from Hana to ECC, what softwarre would I have to install on Hana to enable SLT?

for question 3, its not a huge table, but its a customer requirement to freshly load one table specifically everyday just to ensure no junk data is in there. we are having SLT in landscape for all other replication.

Time consuming processes are already taken care of in Hana, but there are some post process which get triggered from ECC only, and hence we need to send one of our outputs back to ecc to trigger their post processing activities. Again, this output is not huge, and is fine to be sent back to ECC.

Regards,

Saritha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saritha,

Please test this in SBX first, also for connect from HANA top ECC for replication no changes or additional software required.

its just you need to create nw configuration and at first steps give DB connection and then RFC connection.

Let us know.

Amar