Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Category is not created in SAP

ufarooq176
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to configure TREX server with SAP DMS for searching the text within an original in a production server.

When i Upload Originals in DMS they are getting stored in a external content Repository.

I have done all the necessary configurations which Includes tcodes SRMO, SKPR07,SKPRO6, Assign Relevant MIME types etc.,

I have DONE the following process:

1. I have activate the document area DMS, DMS2 through T.Code SKPR06.

2. I have create the SSR through T.Code SRMO.  and and all the configuration like connectivity with RFC. and all the test are OK.

3. In SKPR07 and select the document calss: DMS_PCD1 and document Area is DMS. When i click diagnosis All are green except two rows which appears in red .

a) Language must be defined as a mandatory attribute in SDOKCLPROP

b) NOCATID

4. I have run the button Re-index but no Index Category is created.

Note: I have delete the existing entries on below mentioned tables and system is not generated the index categories:

SRETIDCAT

SRETIDCATT

SRETIDATTR

Please let me know your comments or suggestions where i might have forgotten something to configure or suggest me the best way.

Your urgent reply is waiting.

Best Regards,

Umar Farooq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umar, could you please check if the note 726561 is relevant for you. Best regards, Mikhail

ufarooq176
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have implement note Index category is created but when i run the button Trigger Process with reference to index categories then Indexes are generated with new status. and document is not searching with full text search functionality. I have done this process in QAS server and working properly but now at PRD server its not working. Kindly tell me what i am missing.?

Your urgent reply is waiting..

Best Regards,

Umar Farooq

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umar, when you click on "trigger process" button , the application should start a indexing job . Is this still running? In the production system the indexing can take a lot of time due to a data amount. On the other side we can have some issues with the configuration. Is the USE_QUEUESERVER set to YES or NO in TREXRfcServer.ini ? Is the Queue with the same ID as index created on TREX side ? Any error messages in the TrexPreprocessor or TrexIndexServer trace? Best regards, Mikhail

ufarooq176
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mikhail,

Mikhail Sirotkine wrote:

Hi Umar, when you click on "trigger process" button , the application should start a indexing job . Is this still running? In the production system the indexing can take a lot of time due to a data amount. On the other side we can have some issues with the configuration. Is the USE_QUEUESERVER set to YES or NO in TREXRfcServer.ini ? Is the Queue with the same ID as index created on TREX side ? Any error messages in the TrexPreprocessor or TrexIndexServer trace? Best regards, Mikhail

As per your above Your Question. Default value is NO.

Waiting for your urgent reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Umar Farooq

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Umar, as the parameter USE_QUEUESERVER is set to NO , the documents are indexed in index without queue directly. It's not recommended due to performance problems . However it shouldn't have impact on the quality of search results IF the indexing job is already completed. Is the job finished or still running? Do you see any documents in index (TrexAdmin -> Index admin)? Any error messages in TrexIndexServer or TrexPreprocessor trace? Best regards, Mikhail

ufarooq176
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mikhail,

I have followed your suggestion but the problem are same.I found error message" sap Trex skipping document with status error 6401 already set".

Your co-operation will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Umar Farooq

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Umar, could you please apply the notes 650521 and 685521. Best regards, Mikhail

ufarooq176
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mikhail,

I am very thankful to you fro your urgent response. I have implement the both notes as per your suggestion but the result same. Please check the snapshot below and results are same.

Need your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Umar Farooq

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umar, do you have any new error messages in the TREX traces? Did you start the indexing as a Job? Any errors in the Job log? Best regards, Mikhail

ufarooq176
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mikhail,

I have found the following error message in error log.

Max. no. of failed attempts reached: Request I for PHIO DMS_PCD1 F77EC34E14866B48E1000000AC100D4A CatID 001DD8B71C611ED685C1AA52

And see the snapshot of TREX traces.

Please find above screen shot.

Regards,

Umar Farooq

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umar, these logs are not relevant . We need to look for the entries in the TrexIndexServer, TrexPreprocessor and TrexRfcServer traces. Is it possible for you to open OSS incident probably? Best regards, Mikhail