Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCI - Connectivity Check to and from HCI

Subhrangsu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Fairly new to HCI so apologies if the question is too simplistic.

I have been reading blogs about how to set up Integration Flows using the Web UI or Eclipse and from what I understand from most of my reading, the connectivity between SAP ERP and SAP HCI and say SAP HCI with Hybris Cloud for Customers or Success Factor, can only be tested or validated once an iflow has been deployed.

Is there a way of testing the connections without deploying an integration flow? Just to check if all the communication set up regarding certificates and Firewall settings are correct? Like in SAP ERP we can use SM59 to test connection with an external system without actually sending any data, is there a possibility of something similar in HCI?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Subhrangsu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subhrangsu,

Check the below link

Subhrangsu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Thanks a lot for sharing the blog. It is indeed quite informative. But I am still not completely clear in my head as to how I could test the connection between SAP ERP and HCI. The connection has been set up as SSL but when I am trying to check from Eclipse if HCI connects to ERP, what host name should I use? Would that be the IP address of the ERP system?

Regards,

Subhrangsu

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subhrangsu.

you need generate SSL keypair and deploy in eCC system.

Once this is done,You need to create a destination save the key and import the same in HCI.

I guess once the SSL key is ready you can refer the blog which I shared and test connection.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhrangsu,

As per my knowledge without deploying an iflow we can not test the connectivity because most of the communication parameters we will be specifying in the communication channels which is part of iflow.

i suggest you to refer the below blog for simple deployment of iflow for checking connectivity between ERP and HCI.

The connection has been set up as SSL but when I am trying to check from Eclipse if HCI connects to ERP, what host name should I use? Would that be the IP address of the ERP system?

The hostname is the actual DNS name on how the ERP system will be accessible from the internet, in most of the cases this should be the Internet DNS name of the reverse proxy, the same applies for the port, which is the port number of the SSL service on how the system is accessible from the Internet.

Refer the below how to guide for more details

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100014621522014E/SAP_BP/RDS_CFC_ERP_CFC1411V3_XX/Docume...

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The connection has been set up as SSL but when I am trying to check from Eclipse if HCI connects to ERP, what host name should I use? Would that be the IP address of the ERP system?

Yes , it would be the Public IP Address of the ECC System or the Loadbalancer for the ECC system. What I mean by Public IP Address / Host Name is that means to access this ERP System over the Internet.

Many clients for obvious reasons would not allow all connections to ECC over Internet and hence will set up a LoadBalancer ( Physical like Cisco, F5  or Software based like SAP Webdispatacher ). Another alternate is to use a HANA Cloud Connector for which you may refer to my blog :

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thorstengeier
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subhrangsu,

i've created a documentation on how to to check the connection from ERP to C4C and vice versa.

Just have a look at:

and

Best regards

Thorsten