cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM Plugin Error - No BPC Connection Active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Room!

We are getting the following attached error when our finance users try to open/run a report

We are currently running the SAP BPC EPM-Addin_19 "EPM Add-in_NET40.exe" in the following environment:

Office: 2013

.dot Net: 4.5.2

This also stops the user from editing the report.

I have re-installed the plugin using every single install option and this make no difference. I have also deleted the EPMOfficeClient folder within the users profile , but still no joy

Any help or suggestions would be welcome!!!

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

I have spent the afternoon reading the "How to Debug the EPM Add-in" document and with the users Appdata\Local\Temp\Log folder there us a Log edited at a time we tested the fault , which produced the following info:

2016-05-11 15:22:37,105|ERROR|ReportManagement|FPMXLClient.Office.EPMExcelReportManagerRepository.GetReportManager|user|||||1|Unable to get the Object property of the OLEObject class#

2016-05-11 15:22:37,121|ERROR|FPMXLClient|FPMXLClient.ReportManagement.SheetOptions.DeserializeFromXml|user|||||1|Unable to get the Object property of the OLEObject class#

2016-05-11 15:22:37,137|ERROR|ReportManagement|FPMXLClient.Office.EPMExcelReportManagerRepository.GetReportManager|user|||||1|Unable to get the Object property of the OLEObject class#

2016-05-11 15:22:37,152|ERROR|FPMXLClient|FPMXLClient.ReportManagement.SheetOptions.DeserializeFromXml|user|||||1|Unable to get the Object property of the OLEObject class#

2016-05-11 15:22:37,152|ERROR|ReportManagement|FPMXLClient.Office.EPMExcelReportManagerRepository.GetReportManager|user|||||1|Unable to get the Object property of the OLEObject class#

2016-05-11 15:22:37,199|ERROR|ReportManagement|FPMXLClient.Office.EPMExcelReportManagerRepository.GetReportManager|user|||||1|Unable to get the Object property of the OLEObject class#

2016-05-11 15:22:48,658|ERROR|FPMXLClient|FPMXLClient.ReportManagement.SheetOptions.DeserializeFromXml|user|||||1|Unable to get the Object property of the OLEObject class#

2016-05-11 15:22:48,721|ERROR|ReportManagement|FPMXLClient.Office.EPMExcelReportManagerRepository.GetReportManager|user|||||1|Unable to get the Object property of the OLEObject class#

2016-05-11 15:22:48,752|ERROR|ReportManagement|FPMXLClient.Office.EPMExcelReportManagerRepository.GetReportManager|user|||||1|Unable to get the Object property of the OLEObject class#

2016-05-11 15:22:48,768|ERROR|ReportManagement|FPMXLClient.Office.EPMExcelReportManagerRepository.GetReportManager|user|||||1|Unable to get the Object property of the OLEObject class#

2016-05-11 15:22:48,799|ERROR|ReportManagement|FPMXLClient.ReportManagement.RangeUtil.GetSpecialCells|user|||||1|No cells were found.#

2016-05-11 15:25:29,839|ERROR|ExcelEvents|FPMXLClient.ExcelEvents.xlAppEvents_SheetActivate|user|||||1|Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A01A8#

Does this help? And anything that reads "unable" to me must be a issue?

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This SAP note can help you

2107965 - Issues in EPM Add-In / BPC for Excel after installing Microsoft updates

Resolution as per SAP note is as below since you dont have access to SAP notes.

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogesh , you are a star!! that has fixed it.

The machine had all the MS updates, the point about the BPC_Ms_update_fix.bat  resolved the problem. Will keep this to hand

Thanks again!!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Server has been checked , and no errors found - what is interesting is that once this error appears "Microsoft Excel - No BPC Connection Active" the 'Save Data' and 'Edit Report' buttons grey themselves out - is there a .dll or .xml that controls the communication function between the add-in and BPC that lives locally on the users machine?

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What if you reinstall it? Make sure uninstall Add-in completely

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

did nothing i am sorry to say, , just weird, as the button is live then once the error appears, disables itself

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

Is there anything changed on user account... such as username, password or roles?

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Yogesh

How are you!

Not to my knowledge , I shall check with the user and the team - does this error normally indicate a account change?

Andy

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I am doing good... Thanks ... Hope all is well on your side too..

Yes, Sometimes.. Better to check user changes

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am well thank you for asking, still learning SAP and the joys of when things go wrong! (with limited internal support!!!)

The user has changed nothing but it seems now that 4-5 people are all get the same error - now not being privileged to see the backend of the SAP system/servers - would this point to a setting or service not functioning correctly, if multiple people get the same error?

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

If other peoples are also getting error than ...

Check SAP BPC server for error log ST22 and SM21 to start from

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will check with our SAP team. Although i have tried this i might fully remove everything SAP and try re-installing the plug-in again - i have noticed that on this users machine the Data Manager tab does not appear at all, not sure if there is a link there, but for every other user this does appear when you enable the EPM add-in