Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual stack system and IDM 8

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm a little confused on how to set up a connexion between IDM and a dual stack system with the whole IDM 8 package configuration.Let me explain :

I imported my two packages abap and dual stack as explained here (Determine the Repository Type of your ABAP Repository - SAP Identity Management Configuration Guide ...).

In the dual stack package, no initial load jobs is defined, but from my dual stack type repository i cannot define a repository constant as a job reference to a job from another package.

So is there an easy way to do this (that i didn't find) or do i have to copy paste my abap initial load to the dual stack package and then link to my repository?

I know that it looks like a stupid question but i think that if there wasn't an existing method of linking those two packages, SAP already would have included the initial load in both packages.

Thanks a lot,

Clotilde

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clotilde,
                 it does look like these are missing. I will check internally and see if this is a known issue with our development team.

You can try as a workaround copying the jobs but possibly you may face issues with the scripts but I have not tried this.

Regards,

Chris

SAP product Support

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

i'll wait for your answer then, before doing a workaround that will possibly not work quite as well.

Thanks a lot,

Clotilde

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same issue.  My workaround for now is to use just the ABAP stack since we almost never create Java users in the system but it would be nice to have it assigned correctly.

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Randy/Clotilde,
                            just to update our development team are aware of the reports and will check. I will update once there is more information.

Regards,

Chris