cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDS lot size have confict with manually created planned order in SNP planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

PDS lot size have conflict with manually created planned orders in SNP planning book:

1 The SNP PDS have fixed lot size transferred from PV.

2 The product have fixed lot size setting in the product view, the lot size value is the same with the PDS setting.

3 SNP heuristic planning do create SNP planned order with valid fixed lot size PDS.

4 Manually created planned order with multiple value of fixed lot size value do not have PDS selection screen popup, the planned order have no resource to select and remain blank, you have to maintain the related PDS in the detail view.

Here is the question:

what is the difference of the manually created and SNP heuristic planning logic?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What problem?  Not sure I understand the issue.

The PDS is chosen regardless of lot size, depending upon engine. 

The lot size from material master is used to determine the order size/quantity.

Manually creating orders do not need to respect lot sizes in APO or ECC.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

in my problem, the source seletion do consider the lot size settings in the PDS.

1. in SNP heuristic planning, which means the demand tragger the planning process and the creation of related planned order, the PDS selected as normal.

2. If you manually create the multiple of the fixed lot size value, the PDS selection window will not show up and you have to maintain them in the detail view of the related order.

like: SNP PDS fixed lot size:7500

product master fixed lot size:7500

if I manually maintain the planner order value 15000, the PDS selection window will not show up, but if you maintain the value 7500, the PDS selection window will show up.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned before and R Brahmankar confirmed, Manually creating orders do not need to respect any lot sizes.   Why should it?  You are manually creating the planned order.  Why do you have a PDS with a fixed lot size.   That makes no sense.   That limits the use of the PDS to only orders of exact size of 7500.  That is the purpose of the fixed lot size in material master.

Ken

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer SAP note  1170708 - Lot size not considered to find valid Sources of Supply

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks, I'll check that.

Br/Raymond

former_member200970
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

1.Can You check what is the lot size maintained against a material in ECC (OLTP) system.

2. Using tcode  PDS_MAINT against a particular material try to find any inconsistencies.

Hope this clues will help  you. Rewards are highly appreciated.

Regards

Arvind Pabba

Former Member
0 Kudos

more specifically question is: what is the difference of the PDS selection between manually created and the SNP heuristic planned orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone met this kind of problem? I'm looking for your help