Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different UOM between Delivery and Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Expert

I need to configure this scenario in SD:

The Sales Order and the delivery are both in the same UOM (Like 'ST') and when i create my billing document (via VF01),the billed quantity and the billed UOM of the new document are converted in an other UOM (Like 'KG').

For exemple, the Client is asking for Unit of Measure “ST” in the Sales Order, “ST” in the Delivery and “KG” in Billing.

The factor of conversion is naturally take from the material factor conversion in mm03.

In VTFL,it's possible to configure the origin of the quantity (copy from the sales order or from the delivery), but it's not possible to configure the UOM of destination.

The same in copy control.

I want also changing the UOM with some User-exit (like userexit_fill_vbrk_vbrp), but the quantity and the UOM will be reset with the delivery (or the sales order) quantity and UOM.

Somebody know how I can to change the UM of the billing document comparing to the UM of the delivery ?

Thanks in advanced for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

Why does the client want that? Is it for invoice output only, or do they really want to see KG instead of ST on billing document screen, and if that's so, why? What is the purpose?

If this request's purpose is to manage billing document output, the request should be fulfilled in output form. If additionally they'd like to report on KG's instead of ST's for billing documents, I would advise ABAP handling in reports instead of changing UoM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First one, thank you for your answer !

Why does the client want that? Is it for invoice output only, or do they really want to see KG instead of ST on billing document screen, and if that's so, why? What is the purpose?

In fact, the client doesn't want a billing document in ST because, though the delivery is ni ST, he collect the delivery in KG in their system.

So the billed quantity must be in KG instead of ST.

So they really want to see KG instead of ST on billing.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Billed quantities in KGs are stored in billing document item table VBRP (fields gross weight BRGEW and net weight NTGEW). What is the exact need of it to store that very same value in billed quantity - VBRP-FKIMG?

Sorry, I couldn't get that part "though the delivery is ni ST, he collect the delivery in KG in their system."

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the client records the received materials in their system in KG (the material which you delivered in ST), you may just add this piece of information in Invoice output forms or Invoice Idoc messages.

But there seems no real reason to modify the UoM in Invoice in your system. 

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta