cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting dual stack PI with ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all

I have to connect a dual stack PI with ECC system.

Is establishing connection between PI and ECC similar to single stack PI? In single stack PI I don't have to configure anything in PI, only in ECC

1) RFC Destination type G, PI_AEX, should I use the Path Prefix as /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?ximessage=true

2) SAP_PROXY_ESR, do I have to configure this RFC Destination if am not using proxy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

1. The RFC destination type should be of type H and the path prefix must be - /sap/xi/engine?type=entry

2. If you are not using proxy then SAP_PROXY_ESR destination is not required. Also just an additional info, SAP_PROXY_ESR alone is enough when your ECC version is EHP 5 and above.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have necessary roles in the user. So should I add the roles in SU01 ? I am on dual stack

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User Roles remain same on both ABAP and Java Stack!

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of connection are you trying to establish?

1. For SPROXY - the SAP_PROXY_ESR continues to be applicable from PI 7.3 onwards. So as long as your PI is PI 7.3, the same steps are applicable.

2. For ABAP Proxy, the URL will be different. In the Type G Destination, your url will be /sap/xi/engine?type=entry

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

its dual stack PI. I have to conenct ECC.

I want ABAP Proxy messages to reach PI from ECC, and ECC also sends any of them, As of now we are doing only proxy to PI and PI to proxy (ECC)

I have given dest://PI_AEX in SXMB_ADM of ECC, the corrsponding Integration Server

The Path prefix in PI_AEX (RFC Destination Type G) is this in single stack, /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?ximessage=true

Is it the same in dual stack also?

The path prefix in type G RFC Destination, SAP_PROXY_ESR is /rep only irrespective of single stack or dual stack

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • My initial response has the answer to the question then. The URL will be /sap/xi/engine?type=entry
  • The connection type would be Type H - connection to a SAP System.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also it depends on the version of ECC as pointed by Nitin in the blog he has shared

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh

Do I have to use type H for SAP_PROXY_ESR also?

and in dual stack, for the RFC destinations PI_AEX and SAP_PROXY_ESR, which port number should we use? ABAP port (80xx) or the Java port (500xx)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • SAP_PROXY_ESR remains the same irrespective of single stack or Dual Stack as you connect to the Java Stack. This should use Java Stack Port
  • The Reason you need to change the SXMB_ADM Destination to Type H is because you are now connecting to a SAP ABAP System and this needs the Client Number as well in it. This should use ABAP Stack Port.