Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Item Category in Transportation : LE

vikas_sehra2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have configured shipment cycle with standard Transportation planning Point-0001. Created shipment document-VT01N and cost document-VI01. Shipment costs are calculated as per the pricing procedure determined and the value maintained in condition record for condition type FB00.

My query is that on what basis/parameters shipment cost item category is determined in the shipment cost document.

I have searched lots of posts for the same which talk about configuration required. That was done but could not get answer to determination of shipment item category.

Regards

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you define the assignment shipment cost type to item category in T_56?

vikas_sehra2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Yes, assignment is done. As I used standard transportation cost 0001, all the assignments in config was already done and Item category 0001- Transportation costs was determined in shipment cost document on the basis of which pricing procedure was determined.

But, I did not assigned shipment cost item, category in material master or any where else except in config. Neither I was able to find any related post in SCN.

My query is that how will system determine item category in the transaction.

Regards

Vikas

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What has a single material master to do with a shipment that can be made for hundreds of materials contained in various deliveries that are put together into one shipment? So a material master is certainly the wrong data to look at.

The customizing mentioned above starts with the shipment type.

And the shipment type is one of the first fields in your shipment VT01N, right on top.

Further you define in customizing which item category is used, this can be based on Shipment header, shipment leg, load transfer point, border crossing point.

That is all your link from the shipment type to the item category.

Answers (0)