cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target directory '/usr/sap/XQ1/DVEBMGS01/j2ee/cluster/server0/\\ADMIN-PC\TaxInvoice' does not exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

When testing the files using file(FTP) to file(NFS) scenario I'm facing below error in receiver communication channel. The path is created in C drive in my system and its shared [C:\Users\admin\Documents\TaxInvoice].

Exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Target directory '/usr/sap/XQ1/DVEBMGS01/j2ee/cluster/server0/\\ADMIN-PC\TaxInvoice' does not exist

Error Exception caught by adapter framework: Target directory '/usr/sap/XQ1/DVEBMGS01/j2ee/cluster/server0/\\ADMIN-PC\TaxInvoice' does not exist

Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Target directory '/usr/sap/XQ1/DVEBMGS01/j2ee/cluster/server0/\\ADMIN-PC\TaxInvoice' does not exist.

Please help. Many Thanks.

Regards,

Rajesh PS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Did you select create target directory option in the receiver file communication channel?

Also check whether the user [Which you are using in the communication channel] have sufficient authorization's to access the directory.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargava,

Target directory option in the receiver file communication channel is unticked.

Regarding the user (ADMIN-PC) let me check if its has all access special permission.

Thanks..!!

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Firstly, the folder is present where you want to drop the file is present in which server? Is the server where folder is present part of your network? If yes, then you need to enable the Network sharing of that particular folder to your PI system, by mounting the folders on to your SAP PI system. Mounting can be done by your Network/Basis team.

In case of NFS, SAP PI channel uses, SIDADM as the user ID to connect to the folders. Hence while enabling the NFS sharing please, give the full permission for your PI system SIDADM user.

Once the above steps are done you must be able to drop the files.

Please let me know if you face any problems with this.

Regards,

Nitin

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The path is created in C drive in my system and its shared [C:\Users\admin\Documents\TaxInvoice].

Is this in your laptop / desktop or in at SAP PI system?

As suggested by Raghuraman please share us the complete folder path.

Right click on the folder and go to properties --> Copay the path under "Location".

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargava,

Below for your reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

The folder is created in  different server which lies locally in another country(not in INdia)wherein the user has shared the folder to everyone and has given all access permission.. Below is the path.

Is it recommended and secured to mount the file and path in to SAP PI system under '/usr/sap/XQ1/DVEBMGS01/j2ee/cluster/server0'

and is there any impact. Also please elucidate more on the SIDADM user part.

Path provided:\\xx.x.xx.xx\USCALIF Tax Invoices 2016

Thank you very much in advance...!!!

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

• If you want to read the file from shared folder NFS protocol in File adapter will not work, In order to pick up the file you have to mount the file system into PI then you can use NFS to pick up the file.
  • But better to use FTP for your scenario, configure FTP or SFTP in remote system and pick up the file using File adapter or SFTP adapter to pick up the file.

Regards,

Praveen.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

SID is System ID of your SAP PI system. SIDADM is the OS level user created by basis team during SAP PI installation.

This is the user which will be used by PI NFS channel to login to the particular server which you are connecting.

The server you are connecting might be physically present elsewhere which doesn't matter if it is connected to same network. As you say they are not under same network we have to move away from NFS.

As i can see the folder is to drop Tax invoices, which would be highly confidential data, hence enabling FTP would be insecure. I would suggest you to opt for SFTP, by enabling port 22.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Share folder is used here at target side since the country does not have an FTP server. Please let me know how to proceed and I'm not reading the files, only ID configurations just for placing in target sharefolder.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

• Even target side also placing the file in shared folder using NFS is not supported by File adapter.
  • You need to use FTP or SFTP to send the file to remote system.
  • Or mount the remote file system into PI then you can use NFS to send the file.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

I guess you didnt mount the path in PI.

Talk to your basis and mount it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Could you please elucidate on the mounting part since the concerned team is not aware. Please need your inputs. Path is corrected.

Thanks much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

First of all thank you very much for your valuable inputs and suggestion.

Let me check with NFS if not will go for FTP over SSL as last option.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Check the below discussion

If its not working follow FTP as per Nithin suggestion.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

To mount a NFS directory changes depending of your OS. If you go to AL11 directory you can check what directories are available. If your basis doesn't know how to create a new one you should use one of the available in that transaction.

Regards.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

You can go for NFS only after mounting the specific folder from your target server on to your SAP PI server.

The steps will be known by your Basis or Network guys, i have learnt something by working with them

1. Install NFS services in the system in which you have target folder where you need to place the file. I guess this should be done in Control panel, i am not very sure about it.

2. And Run the below command

mount <<IP_address of your SAP PI server>>:/Share-name

Share name is the network path, which you can see once you Rt Click and click on sharing. It is shown in one of the screenshots of your below reply.

And this share path you need to use in your NFS receiver channel for dropping the file.

Regards,

Nitin

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please refer the below link for mounting process to be followed by basis team

SAP BASIS: Mount a Directory

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I understand is :

• You have a Windows PI Server
  • You are trying to use NFS to connect to the PI Server to a directory that is shared and accessible when you try a \\ in the Windows Explorer on your Windows Server.

As you have already noticed in your logs, using a \\ will not work.

What you can try this, map this path to a Windows Drive as shown here.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/create-shortcut-map-network-drive#1TC=windows-7

• In your case i would map - Z:\ to /ADMIN-PC
  • And then in PI file adapter update path as : Z:\TaxInvoice

Try this and let us know the results!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh.

As Rahul suggested / could be a problem.

Also check in AL11 whether that directory exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

But when connecting to different server which lies locally in another country wherein the user is shared to everyone and has all access permission.

Is it recommended to mount the file and path in to SAP system and is there any impact.

Path provided:\\xx.x.xx.xx\USCALIF Tax Invoices 2016

Thanks...!!!

former_member183249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I Can see in your message monitor Path is written as "\\ADMIN-PC\TaxInvoice" in your communication channel. Try to give it as "/ADMIN-PC/TaxInvoice" (use forward slashes instead of backward slashes). Make sure your NFS directory is mounted on your server for using it as NFS.

You can check path from your url also.

http://<domain:port>/<directory path> . You can get exact path and see your folders also.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul/Raghu,

Thanks much for your inputs and suggestion let me please try with /ADMIN-PC/TaxInvoice but should we need to give network address path or the folder created in C: drive path.

For example: C:\Users\admin\Documents\TaxInvoice

or the network path: \\ADMIN-PC\TaxInvoice

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh ,

Share the entire path, So that will give exactly what should be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos