cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material characteristics are not coming in sales order or sales quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i have created  a characteristics in CT04 and a Class with class type -001 and maintained characteristics in it.

after that i have created a material with classification view and i have selected class and characteristics mentioned above,now

when i try to create a sales quotation in VA21 or sales order in VA01

in sales quotation when i enter the material i am not able to see the characteristics.

plz let me know how i can see?

Regards,

Revs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rev M,

It's a standard behavior, Material Classification is mainly used to classify the material, to Use additional data that belongs to Material could be link to that materiel other than 40 characters, & moreover you will never ever get this additional on standard report but you can search additional data via classification search string to get the report.

You can only search material in Sale Order and Quotaiton and fetch that field only on Out put of Quotation and Sale order. Material can search by the mentioned below screen shot.

former_member261747
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

I do not Know about class type 001. But it is confirmed that with class type 300 which is used for variant configuration ,you can view characterstics in sales order & other basic requirement for VC Class 300 is

maintain Gen Item catagorey  Group in Basic data 1 is Norm.

Material is configurable check in Basic data 2.

Also Maintain configuration profile through cu41

P.Puri

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Class type 001 is used to classify materials, to add fields which are not present in standard, to search for a material by classification.

Classification used for configurable materials has to be from class type 300

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

i want to know when i have created a material with 001 class and with some characteristics,

when i enter the same material in sales quotation , i should see the characteristics which i saw earlier but now when i enter the material it is not taking me to CL30N screen

earlier it has shown me the screen when i clicked it ,

thank u

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge it is not possible to use classification from class type 001 in variants. 300 is the dedicated class type for that.

001 is only to have some additional fields for a material master and to search for materials  based on their classification values.