cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to do transports from Dev to Prod directly using CTS+ in SAP PI 7.3?

former_member217888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to move my ID objects from PI Dev to PI Prod directly as i dont want to disturb my PTP config at all.

I am using CTS+ for the transports currently.

Is there any way to do it or should i do using File system transport?

Any help is appreciated.

Urgent !!

Thanks

Neha Verma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

You can do it directly if the transport targets are maintained.

But If your ID objects are few, file transports should be better as you need not the touch the existing connections between dev and quality.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member217888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At the end, I went with File System Transport option and manually did transport from Dev to Prod.

Changing settings in SLD for CTS+ option was not happening for us.

Thanks for all help !!

Neha

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

You can go with CMS transport method. In your case it will be Dev to PROD rather than QA

1) Set different transport targets for the required business systems which are used in the scenario objects (ID) of developments. It is just assigning the business system of development to another business system of PRD, which is just the replica of Dev BS( Prod BS)

2. Export the SLD objects from the development to PRD SLD. So no need to configure the SLD in prod.

Thnx

S Tomar

former_member183249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Yes you can do it.

Connectivity between your Dev and Prod should be there. All objects will be visible in your Prod ID once you do transport.

There are many cases when you have Dev and Prod. Then your Dev works as Dev and Quality and Objects are directly moved to Production after testing.

You can ask your basis Team to configure Transport settings between Dev and Prod.

Regards,