cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI - ABAP development with high resolution (DPI) displays

amadeusgrabmayer
Participant
0 Kudos

I have already done some research on this topic and I also found some discussions, but they don't seem to solve the problem completely.

The following discussion and the corresponding SAP notes I have already checked:

I have a 13,5'' Screen with a native resolution of 3000x2000. The problem with this resolution is, that the display-scaling is set to 200% (by default) to have icons and text in a usable size.

I have a SAP GUI 7.40 PL8 installed and I also set the corresponding registry key mentioned in the note 2106323 - SAP GUI for Windows: DPI scaling of the Windows will be supported

Also the system I used for this screenshots is currently on SAP_BASIS 740 SP 0012, so the changes within Note 2161108 - Improvement of SE80 display for high DPI settings are already in the system.

This already works in most cases of the SAP-GUI, but when it comes to development (SE80) there are still some problems:

1. This is actually the main problem: the code completion "window" is not scaled, but the text within is correctly scaled.

This makes it hard to read and therefore isn't really a help anymore...

When there is more than one match (example you didn't type anything and it suggests all methods), it is clinched:

2. The Statusbar is scaled, but not widened, therefore it hardly shows anything anymore..

3. The Break-Points are not scaled, which is not a big problem, but it would help if they were also scaled.

4. The F4 and Display Icon next to the displayed object name are not scaled

5. The Icons to expand/collapse a folder are not scaled, which forces you to aim precisely to select them.

Points 2. - 5. are not such a big deal, because it doesn't really effect me while programming.

But the wrong (or not) scaled code completion is really bugging...

I know that the ABAP development is moving to Eclipse and I also use it already, but in systems below EHP8 the missing link between ABAP Docs and the texts in SE80 are a problem and cause double effort...

Perhaps also has some information on this topic?

Thanks,

Amadeus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sascha_weidlich2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amadeus,

do you have any updates on this? Im facing the same problem, which is kind of annoying.

Thanks for your information!

Regards,

Sascha