cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BC with high resolution (DPI) displays

amadeusgrabmayer
Participant
0 Kudos

I have already done some research on this topic, but on contrary to SAP GUI, I didn't find anything that would solve this issue for the Business Client.

I have a 13,5'' Screen with a native resolution of 3000x2000. The problem with this resolution is, that the display-scaling is set to 200% (by default) to have icons and text in a usable size.

In most applications this works fine - even in the SAP GUI (in most cases - but that is another topic...).

But in the Business Client (6.0 PL3) the Web Dynpro applications are not scaled and the SAP GUI applications seem to be scaled twice...

SAP-GUI:

Web-Dynpro:

If I open the same Web Dynpro application in the browser it is scaled appropriately (example in Internet Explorer):

I hope somebody can help me with this issue or maybe there is already something in development for an upcoming patch?

I found the following discussion:

, but there was no solution below and it was for the Version NWBC 4.0...

Perhaps , or have some new information on this topic?

Thanks,

Amadeus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again!

I just fix the problem with help of SAP.

You need to disable a setting in Windows Registry (SAP NOTE 2106323), then NWBC looks right and SAPGUI very small, you only need to change font size of SAPGUI to higher

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us know Jaime. Sorry it took so long.

Best wishes Julie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well done things take time

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

giancarlo_adamo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the same issue with new laptops with high resolution screen.

We are using NWBC 5.0, but we tried also Business client 6.0 with the same result.

Have you found a solution for this problem (SAP Logon is not a solution for us).

Thank you

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Giancarlo,

As advised above, the most efficient way is to raise an OSS ticket.

It may be that this is an issue with the MS Web browser control (the technology embedded in SAP BC, which allows us to render web-based content.)

If so, then only Microsoft can fix this.

For more information, see the SCN Wiki page: Zoom Slider Changed . This page also contains links to more info, including the Microsoft library.

Best wishes,

Julie R Plummer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is some place where I can change font size of GUI in BC (registry, some file...)?

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amadeus,

Actually, as our primary support expert, Melinda Ludanyi suggested, the best, most efficient option is to open as CSS:

"

Hello Simon,

Please open an OSS incident with this issue, also please attach a support report and the screenshots - also please specify the resolution of the used screen.

Thank you and best regards

Melinda

"

I would suggest this is the best  option in this case also. If any community members want to communicate, then that#s fine, but generally if support suggests an OSS, then that is the best option.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Best wishes Julie R Plummer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie, I was talking about this problem in an OSS, but, after several messages, I was sent here to discuss it with the community.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

I have looked at this message.

This is an issue with the MS Web browser control. I am sorry that you were sent to this SCN space, and have suggested thsi to my colleague.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,

Julie R Plummer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Thank you so much for your support.

Can I do something about that?

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime, At present, no thanks. I will await the response from our colleauges in Support

Best wishes Julie.

Hi Jaime, I apologize; I misunderstood you. On rereading your message, I believe you meant "Is there any work-around"?

If so, I have asked a colleague from the SAP GUI team. I will pass on any available information.

Best wishes,

Julie.

Message was edited by: Julie Plummer