Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output of SNP Heuristic run at different levels

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am learning SNP and it seems to me very confusing.

I read some documents but still not able to get answers for some questions...

1) What is the output when Heuristic is run at DC level and Plant level.This output reflects where ?

Many people have talked about STR/STO/PReq etc.

In what scenario STR and STO created and what is the differnce between these two ?

2) Sourcing is determined by T Lane or Quota arrangement ?

3 ) When Heuristic is run at DC level, the system doesn't look at the procurement relationship ? It looks for T Lane only. Is it correct ?

4 )  Is Deployment necessary for TLB run ? if no then how TLB will take the orders to process ?

5 )  Is it necessary to run Low level code ? What will happen it we don't run it ?

6 ) Is it necessary to run Deployment after PP/DS run? In my current project there is no talk about of PP/DS run and still Deployment runs in batch just after Heuristic run.

I am sorry to have so many questions but these are genuine confusions for new comers ...

Thanks  a lot in advance....

Regards,

Prabhat Sahay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So many questions, but see below simple replies ...

1) What is the output when Heuristic is run at DC level and Plant level.This output reflects where ? Many people have talked about STR/STO/PReq etc. In what scenario STR and STO created and what is the differnce between these two ?

Heuristic at DC level creates purchase requisitions or stock transfer requisitions.

Heuristic at Plant level creates planned order.

But it does not differenciate DC or plant actually (location type), it only check the procurement type of the location/product in product master. If for a product, at location A procurement type is "external procurement", it will create PR or STR, if procurement type is "in-house production" it will create planned orders; if procurement type is both, it can create either or both, depending on its source of supply definition.

You can see the results in key figure "distribution receipt (planned)" and "production (planned)", however this is the standard case. In customizing planning book, to which key figure should the result display is defined by key figure function in planning area settings.

Both. Quota arrangement always takes highest priority.
T-lane is checked in case of "external procurment", PPM/PDS is checked in case of "in-house production".

3) When Heuristic is run at DC level, the system doesn't look at the procurement relationship ? It looks for T Lane only. Is it correct ?

When procurement relationship is CIFed to APO, a corresponding T-lane will be created, and the document number will be assigned to the t-lane. Heuristic mostly depends on the t-lane, but it will also use some information from the procurement releationship which is assigned to the t-lane.

4)  Is Deployment necessary for TLB run ? if no then how TLB will take the orders to process ?

Normally Yes. Deployment result is the input of TLB.

5)  Is it necessary to run Low level code ? What will happen it we don't run it ?

Yes it's necessary. Otherwise system cannot determine the correct sequence to plan.
e.g. you have locations A, B and C, and t-lane A->B->C. Ideally it should first plan location C, then B, then A.
Without LLC calculation, the planning sequence may not be correct. If it plans B before C, there will be supply shortage at B after C is planned.

6) Is it necessary to run Deployment after PP/DS run? In my current project there is no talk about of PP/DS run and still Deployment runs in batch just after Heuristic run.

No, if you have production orders CIFed from ECC directly.

Best Regards,
Ada

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada for your response.

I have a follow up question

When we run DRP at DC level, it creates receipt at destination and at the same time it creates demand at the source, off course based on the procurement type.

Similarly when the DRP is run at Plant (Proucrement Type - In House Production) it again creates receipt in terms of Planned Order. So here it does not create any demand at any place .... RIGHT ???

In conclusion -

at DC level - DRP run updates two key figure --- Receipt (Destination) and Demand (Source)

at Plant level - DRP run updates only one key figure - Receipt  like Planned Order.

Regards,

Prabhat

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Please help me to understand the difference between DRP run at DC level and Plant level in terms of Key Figure update.

Thanks,

Prabhat

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

When you run heuristic at DC, it generates STRs which will be shown up in key figure "distribution receipt (planned)", while if you run heuristic at Plant level, it will generate planned production order which will be shown up in key figure "Production (planned)", in case of standard SNP planning book.

If this does not answer you question, please clarify your doubts further.

Best Regards,
Ada

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Basically what you described is correct.
The receipt and demand at DC and source is actually the same liveCache order's output node and input node, they're with the same order number.
In case of in-house production, if source of supply (PDS/PPM) is assigned, BOM explosion will happen and dependent demand will be generated for the components. So in this case if you load the component products in the planning book, you'll also see key figure "depended demand" gets updated.

Best Regards,
Ada

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your explanation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat

I am not sure from where you reading the information but I think you should follow the details from the below link from the start. Don´t jump based on topic only.

APO-SNP - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

1) What is the output when Heuristic is run at DC level and Plant level.This output reflects where ?

Many people have talked about STR/STO/PReq etc.

Amol:- When we execute the Heuristic based on external procurement or in-house production, it will create supply element i.e. STR/PR or planned orders. STR i.e. stock transfer re-questions called when both the locations i.e. DC and Plant is defined in SAP i.e. inter company scenario. It is called as PRs when we are creating external vendors.

In what scenario STR and STO created and what is the differnce between these two ?

Amol:-You convert these STRs to STOs  in inter-company scenario similar way you convert PRs to POs for external procurement from third party vendor.

Amol:- Sourcing the mainly determine by procurement relation which is defined in ECC system. When you transfer this procurement relationship into APO via CIF it becomes as TLane. Quota arrangement just define the split but T-Lane mainly decide the sourcing in case of external procurement.

3 ) When Heuristic is run at DC level, the system doesn't look at the procurement relationship ? It looks for T Lane only. Is it correct ?

Amol :- Explained above

4 )  Is Deployment necessary for TLB run ? if no then how TLB will take the orders to process ?

5 )  Is it necessary to run Low level code ? What will happen it we don't run it ?

Amol:- Yes it is necessary if you are using Network Heuristic . Please find below the detail information.

Low-Level Code Determination - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

6 ) Is it necessary to run Deployment after PP/DS run? In my current project there is no talk about of PP/DS run and still Deployment runs in batch just after Heuristic run.

Amol:- It is not mandatory to have PP/DS run to have deployment solution in place. It´s all depends on business scenarios. Please find below details about deployment solution.

Deployment - Replenishment Planning - SAP Library

I am sorry to have so many questions but these are genuine confusions for new comers ..

Please go through above and let us know if this information helps you.

Thanks

Amol