cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Authentications Levels in SOAMANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SOAMANAGER, while registering a consumer proxy through WSDL, we have a WSDL Access User ID and Pwd as well as proxy settings.

While creating Logical Port in the next step, we also need to provide the user id and password.

What is the difference between the two.

If we are calling an external web service for the first time, what questions in terms of authentication we need to ask to efficiently configure it in SOAMANAGER.

Kindly, share your thoughts or redirect me to any relevant resources providing explanation on security mechanisms in SOAManager.

Thanks

Sahil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

• WSDL Access User & WSDL Access User Password: To retrieve the WSDL document from service provider we need to provide the user name and password so we need to give the user name and password of service provider system. These credentials is for to access the WSDL

• To call the service we need to give the user name and password which is exist in service provider system. These access details is for to call the service.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank You very much for your input. It really clarified my doubt.

Although, i have another doubt, We also have a Security Profile Setup while creating a Web Service where there are 4 values : NO, LOW, MEDIUM and HIGH.

What is the significance of those profiles if we are doing it from SOAMANAGER.

Thanks

Sahil