cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIDADM user loosing permission in SQL 2012 DB during installation (system copy)

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am performing migration from windows 2003/SQL 2005 to Windows 2012/SQL 2012. First attached DB and on top performing SWPM, based system copy -->target installation--Abap. Getting several errors, one of the error, for SIDadm keep loosing sysadmin role in SQL DB. Please help ASAP.

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Support Release 3 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > MS SQL Server > Target System Installation > Central System > Based on AS ABAP > Central System( Last error reported by the step: Errors when executing sql command: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The server principal "CRESTRON\bwxadm" is not able to access the database "BWX" under the current security context. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence errorSOLUTION: If this message is displayed as a warning, you can ignore it. If this is an error, contact SAP support.

). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW700/LM/COPY/MSS/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

luisdarui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Are you running the SWPM while logged in as CRESTRON\bwxadm ? If yes, please try running with another Domain user with local administrator privileges.

Best regards,

Luis Darui

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're using a recent version of SWPM, it shouldn't be a problem to run it while logged in as the sidadm user. In fact, this is how I pretty much always do it.

But, you should check that sidadm has the privileges required -- to run SWPM it should be a local administrator. When you installed SQL Server 2012, did you set local Administrators to be in the sysadmin role in SQL Server?

Cheers,

Matt

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Matt/Luis,

I sign out and logged in with another user, able to pass the error stage but getting another error. Will open a new thread for it.

Matt,

Yes, I performed all whatever you suggested and also, modified the SIDADM with sysadmin role several times and restarted inst. Still removed the ssyadmin role everytime I started running SWPM.

Even tried rebooting and with permission, still same.

Luis/Matt,

Thanks for the help. Please help with my next issue, posting another thread.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Matt/Luis,

Posted new message so I can mark it correct answer.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3902043

Coying here as well. For this error, should I switch back to sidadm user?

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Support Release 3 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > MS SQL Server > Target System Installation > Central System > Based on AS ABAP > Central System( Last error reported by the step: System call failed. Error 1314 (A required privilege is not held by the client. ) in execution of system call 'CreateProcessAsUser' with parameter ( , NULL,  Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW700/LM/COPY/MSS/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP, &StartupInfo, &ProcessInfo), line (646) in file (d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\synxcchapp.cpp), stack trace: d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\ejscontroller.cpp: 181: EJSControllerImpl::executeScript() d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\jsextension.hpp: 1136: CallFunctionBase::call() d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\osmod\iaxxcprocess.cpp: 120: iastring CIaOsProcessConnect::callMemberFunction(iastring const& name, args_t const& args) d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\osmod\iaxxcprocess.cpp: 1346: iastring CIaOsProcessConnect::start(args_t const& _args) d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\osmod\iaxxbprocess.cpp: 421: CIaOsProcess::start_impl() d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\synxcchapp.cpp: 238: CSyChildApplicationImpl::start(false) d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\synxcchapp.cpp: 262: CSyChildApplicationImpl::doStart() .). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW700/LM/COPY/MSS/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

I switched back to SIDadm user and it worked.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.