Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication to different schema

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are replicating from ECC to HANA DB.

Our requirement is to replicate data to specific schema but not with that default schema user (or same as configuration name).

Suppose, the DB user which we want to use is "DB1" and we want data in Schema "ECC".

There can be two cases:

Case 1:

We can keep configuration name as "ECC" so that the schema name will be "ECC".

But in this case replication user will also be "ECC" which we dont want.

How to use different replication username than default config/schema name ??

Case 2:

I can keep whatever name for configuration but replicate data only to specific schema.

How to point replication to specific schema??

Regards

BJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BJ,

Let me try to answer the question here, as per my understanding you need schema name to be example "ECCCLT" but you do not want the user "ECCSLT"(created due to schema) to be used for replication.

according to me you can process with below details ;

==> Stop replication and then proceed.

1. once the configuration is completed, work with security team so as to create a new user for replication as you desire

2. change the password of the schema user created by replication here ECCSLT ( as the replication wizard creates the user it will have no password you will need to change the password from the HANA studio itself)

3. once the password is change login to HANA studio using the replication schema user ECCSLT and give the full permission of replication schema ECCSLT to the user you desire to use for replication.

4. once you have all the setup done for user n authorization, then login to slt system and then goto DBCO tcode update the new user details to DBCO enttry and perform the connection test using the report ADBC_connection_test  and check the connection between SLT and HANA.

5. start the replication.

Share your feedback on this. or correct me incase if there are any wrong assumptions.

Thanks,

Amar Ghuge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey BJ,

Please let us know if this helps, I saw one more questions on same lines i can refer this blog there.

Regards,

Amar Ghuge

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry Amar for late reply...was out this week...

We are trying bit other way.

We already have ECCSLT schema and I'll create configuration with same name but for replication I wanted to use other user than "ECCSLT".

Is this achievable ?

Regards

BJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BJ,

Yes that iss achievable, once the basic configuration is completed let you DD* default tables to replicate first.

Once all green for DD* tables--> stop replciation from SLT--> just login to HANA studio with the replication schema name example ECCSLT and provide the full permission of the schema ECCSLT to any other user for example NEWUSER--> once done

Login to SLT system --> goto DBCO --> update the user with new MT ID and user ECCSLT to new user created NEWUSER and update the password

once done --> goto se38 execute the report ADBC_connection_test and check the HANA DB connection from SLT system.

Start the replciation

let me know your feedback.

Regards,

Amar Ghuge

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amar...

Pretty busy these days...

Regards

BJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

No  problem BJ... I am pretty inspired with your ans and blogs here and just trying to follow you.. so thanks to you..

Cheers

Amar Ghuge

former_member213376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi .

Can someone help me in this.