cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS block - Follow on functions

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Trigging Follow-On Functions after Document Release in SAP GTS - System Administration for SAP Globa...

I am new to GTS and trying to understand Follow on functions. I am little confused. I have been searching SDN and still confused! 

I have seen that GTS check needs to be performed everytime the document is changed to determine if there is a 

" saving the document in feeder system can trigger a GTS check"

but then looking at the above link,

In this case, you can also configure start of follow on functions. In this case system analyzes the index and cancels the block in logistics process

If the follow on function is activated and it cancel the block in logistics process, why should a logistic document keep checking GTS for block? I am confused and would appreciate some clarity. When the link refers to "cancel the block in logistics process" what does it actually mean.

I would have expected GTS check to automatically block / unblock the logistics process in feeder systems without requiring the need for GTS check (until it is explicitly called).

Thanks for the response and I hope i have not violated the rules of the forum by posting what is probably a very basic question.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Posting a question is never a violation of forum rules however not marking a question as answered or helpful, if it is answered, is not a good practice.

The link you have shared means the following. I will try to explain using an example of PO.

We can configure system such that it does not trigger an output to vendor if PO is blocked in GTS. In such scenario If you have released your PO manually in GTS then it writes an entry in index in ECC for follow on function. You can schedule a batch job in ECC which will pick up all such documents and trigger follow on function automatically in this case PO output.

I hope I am able to answer your query.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav