cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need SAP Fiori for practise - What should be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fiori Experts,

I am an ABAP developer, with very little knowledge of BASIS or Fiori. As our company(SAP-Partner) is planning to develop resources with niche skills like Fiori, UI5 etc. We are planning to implement Fiori in our practice system so that our developers can learn and improve Fiori skills.

I already read the blog of Marco and still got few questions related to Fiori installation

As of now our practice system has BASIS 702. I don't see SAP Integrated Gateway SAP_GWFND in our system. Do we have to install it as an add-on explicitly? Do we have to do same for SAP_UI patch

What about AWS? Is it a must? Are there any other alternatives to avoid AWS?

This might be too much, but can anyone tell a rough estimate how much it would cost us to get Fiori installed and our developers(1-2) keep practicing?

Thanks,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

SAP_GWFND is available only with Netweaver 740 version and above. For systems below this version, you should manually install IW_BEP , IW_FND and GW_CORE from service market place.

If you want to skill yourself in SAP Fiori, you should better concentrate on SAP Gateway and SAP UI5 , as this is what a developer should focus on when developing a custom fiori app.

From SAP Learning HUB : GW100 for SAP Gateway(For developing ODATA services) and SAPX05 for SAP UI5 (frontend)

Also attend OpenSAP Courses  and other education series :

Regards,

Tejas

Answers (0)