cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test equipment as resources in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

The requirement is to be able to (in a cProjects / xRPM environment) manage items like test equipment. How can this best be achieved?

One option we are looking is to set up the equipments as business partners in HR and then to staff them to the project. This would provide a process for planning & control. The actual cost would probably be posted directly in CO based on the reservations in cProjects.

One drawback that we have noted with this is that cProjects only allow one Distribution unit (set via the additional data tab of the project definition). As projects normally have also human resources .... the distribution unit used would then be for example hours.

Comments or experiences from trying something like this out would be appreciated.

Thanks / Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hej san, Anders.

I have seen systems where all equipment is scheduled through HR. The personnel numbers for equipment have a special number range and in resource management equipment is handled the same way other resources are. This might work as well in cProjects.

Say hi to everyone in Stockholm.

Hej då fran Tyskland.

Jens

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for the input.

I agree that it makes sense to differentiate the number ranges.

As I read your answer the examples you refer to are ERP ones (e.g PS).

Do anyone have any experience from the PPM (cProjects / xRPM) environment regarding this? It ought to be a quite common requirement.

Regards / Anders