cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP6.1 Identity Management - Setting up new users & passwords

Former Member

Hi,

Regarding IBP 6.1, security looks like it had a big overhaul. I am trying to create new users, different permissions, and testing them out before moving forward with anything.

So far, I have created employees, business users and business roles (and assigned them all) in IBP but now I can't seem to create a password to log into my new users with. According to the webinar presentations, the next steps seem to be in SCI and require work there. I just wanted to confirm and if anyone can shed any light in this area. Is using SCI absolutely required or are there other options (as we had with 4.0 and 5.0)?

Thanks!

Derrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick,

Yes, SCI is mandatory and is meant to increase the security of IBP application.

From Maintain Business Users app you can download the already existing users' list and import it to SCI.Once you do so, an email will be generated to the users asking to activate account and set a password.

More information in the application help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ibp61/helpdata/en/7e/2dd256230b2f7be10000000a44147b/content.htm?frameset...

Regards

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Thank you for your response! So I received an "admin-set password" that I believe was created through SU01. In the presentation webinar on 6.1 User Management from SAP, it mentions that once activated through SCI, the new user's should receive an email from SCI to activate their account, etc. I never received that email but can sign on through my own user. When I try to log on to SCI, it asks me to log on via email and my email does not work, (nor does the forgetting password option).

I suspect that this because I was given a password via SU01 and not activated via SCI?

Do you know if that's right? Or am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Derrick

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick,

Most likely you received only a technical initial user for IBP which enables you to logon to Fiori Launchpad (eg: IBPADMIN). You cannot use this user for SCI, I would expect someone else from your organization received the admin role. Perhaps you can contact the on-boarding team or share with me the system ID.

Regards

Alecsandra 

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

On the system provisioned email from SAP which was sent to customer, it would have included the email of the SCI Administrator.

Regards.

YS

Answers (0)