cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall Result - must change the text to 'total' in Graph and cross tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

PFA Image. The Overall result 'text' comes from the query. I am trying to change it to 'Total'.

However there is no option available in ´edit Initial view´.

I tried CSS for crosstab to Change this text, however this didnt work as expected. With CSS I cannot rename the column Name. I can only append the text. Tried different ways in CSS , however didnt work.

Is there any work around in Design Studio or this text should be changed only at the query end.

Thanks for your Feedback.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CK,

From a Design Studio standpoint, it is not possible to change the text of Overall result to "Total".

The only workaround possible is:

1. Suppress overall result at query level or at Design Studio.

2. Place Text Components under each column.

3. Create another copy of the data source with overall result enabled for getting the total values for each key figure.

4. Name the first text box as "Total" and populate the adjacent text boxes with respective Key figure totals using getDataAsString() function and then setting in each textbox.

The only issue with this workaround is, alignment issues when trying to view the application in different resolution screens since crosstab doesn't align properly.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand for your reply. This works  if we Show the totals at the end.

However here in cross tab, the total should be displayed in row 1 and not at the last. Moreover I need to perform the same for charts too.

Any suggestions. or should be done only at the query end.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CK,

Which chart would you like to use in this case. Please let me know, so that I can tell you a workaround accordingly. Where would you like to place your result in chart (first position or last position)?

For crosstab:

1. Put a grid layout over the table components with rows and columns till each cell exactly overlaps on table rows and columns.

2. Then you can insert a Text box in the grid layout cell where the Overall result row is present.

3. Give the same background color for text box as present in dimension column.

4. Finally, Name the text as "Totals".

Please note that if the application is viewed in different resolutions, the components wont align otherwise this workaround should work fine.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CK,

I have attached a screenshot here for your reference where I have done a workaround to display the total values in chart with Total as text.

If you notice the screenshot, there are 2 boxes highlighting the chart:

1.There are two charts in this screenshot actually within grid layouts.

2.The orange color box is one chart with a data source that does not contain overall result for a measure in one grid cell . (chart 1)

3. The green color box is another chart with another data source that only contains totals for a measure without any dimension in another grid cell .(chart 2)

4. Remove Y-axis labels, lines for chart 2.

5. Now for chart 1, set the right padding to 0 and for chart 2, set the left padding to 0.

6. Place a grid layout over chart 2 and have some rows and columns so that a column of grid cells overlap over x-axis labels.

7. Place a text component in a grid cell so that x-axis labels look aligned.

8. Remove legends from any one of the charts.

Since charts are present under a grid layout and also the text component, they will align automatically.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand. Your Inputs were very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

The solution works fine in column Chart, however in horizontal bar Chart there is a Problem in Chart 1. since the y axis Labels are not fixed, the alignment of the y axis (between Chart 1 and Chart 2 ) is not proper, when for example , a Dimension with a longer text is displayed in the Chart 1.

I am using stacked bar Chart and hence facing this Problem.

if the dimensions (y axis values) in the Chart 1 is fixed, then there is no Problem. However in our requirement the values for y axis are dynamic.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CK,

If the dimension values are going to be dynamic, it is going to be a lot difficult to achieve it.

But again, with static members, it will work fine.

Thanks,

Anand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

chandrasekhar6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi CK,

Can you please change in Properties-->Display--> Show Total  is True

Then Totals display on your Column Chart.

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your reply.

However the issue is not related to showing totals.  The requirement is to rename the `Overall total` text coming from BEx query to text ´Total´in DS.

Thanks.

d_chang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to create a query with a dimension structure.

THe advantage is that you can name the total whatever you like and can place it where you like.

Disadvantage is that you use a fixed structure..

I dont know your requirement, but this might help.

Regards,

Dwain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know about graphs but for Crosstabs, you can replace it with CSS using :before { content: "Total"} and hiding the "Overall total" item with CSS display:none;

You just need to find the CSS class associated to the total cell in the cross tab.

I'll post the exact CSS code later if you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franck,

Thanks for your Input

I tried this before and it seems it adds a new line before the original column Name, hence the alignment is not proper.

I cannot find a function to Display the new title in the same line as the old one.

Regards,

CK