Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe on HANA calculation view with Parameters

vinayakgole
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are building some reports on a HANA calculation view with parameters. As per the norm I created a derived table with the syntax

SELECT *

FROM "_SYS_BIC"."calculation_view"

(

'PLACEHOLDER'=('$$Z_IP_TARGET_P1$$',@prompt(P1)),

'PLACEHOLDER'=('$$Z_IP_TARGET_P2$$',@prompt(P2))

)

However, I recently read that from BO4.1, there is no need to create a derived table and the prompt can be directly assigned to the parameter. Could anyone please confirm if this is the case or do we need to still need to create a derived table?

Also is there a way to refresh the derived table instead of re creating it each time?

Also, when the query is created, it comes up like

select table1.col1,

table1.col2

from

(

SELECT *

FROM "_SYS_BIC"."calculation_view"

(

'PLACEHOLDER'=('$$Z_IP_TARGET_P1$$',@prompt(P1)),

'PLACEHOLDER'=('$$Z_IP_TARGET_P2$$',@prompt(P2))

) table1

Due to this data from the whole calculation view is processed and then filtered by the select statement. Is there a more efficient way to achieve the same?

Thanks in advance

Vinayak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member219634
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinyak

Please check this link how you can do it :

SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 SP4: Consume HANA variables and input parameters via relational connectio...

Best Regards

Ines

vinayakgole
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Ines,

However, we have a common connection that connects to HANA and this is ODBC. The option you have suggested seems to be only for JDBC connection.

Thanks

Vinayak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vinayakgole
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

The JDBC connection now works however, the report shows the complete path of the input parameter in the prompt. Is there a way this can be changed to custom prompts?

Thanks

Vinayak

vinayakgole
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ines,

I tried with a JDBC connection as well. However, it does not ask me for the input parameter. If i create a query in the universe, I get an error message as cannot display script.

Please let me know if this approach works for an input parameter or is it just for variables?

Thanks and best regards,

Vinayak