Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone SAP NW Gateway 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i have few questions, as i was asked to instal standalone gateway 2.0

1. Is there any configuration guide for Standalone SAP Gateway 2.0 SP12 on Linux based on SAP NW 7.5 ?

2. How can i connect and configure gateway ? It doesn't have DB and I expect that it will be only service running on OS but how can I connect to this gateway ?

3. Will there be enough only to install standalone GW 2.0 and to backend systems implement SP IW_BEP ? or is there some other activity needed ?

on marketplace i've found only configuration if i use embedded gateway (go to SPRO ...) but nothing about hub solution.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The NW Gateway 2.0 is a software component of an ordinary NW AS ABAP. Additionally, as of NW 7.5 it's installed by default (and only) within the NW AS ABAP. So if you say standalone it means

• you don't use any other functionality (like Business Warehouse)
  • you have a database underneath
  • you can connect to the system by using the SAPGUI (for developing and administration purpose)
  • you can connect to the developed/deployed gateway services (OData) via http clients

Greetz

Silvio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Silvio,

so just for clarification.

I have to install SAP NW 7.5 (ABAP + DB)

and SAP GW 2.0 is already part of this installation correct ?

or i need to install SAP NW 7.5 (ABAP + DB) and then install additional component via sapinst Gateway ?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, GW 2.0 is part of a NW 7.5 AS ABAP installation.

After install you need to configure the GW, but for that please take a look at help.sap.com.

Greetz

Silvio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no update ?