cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic packing for inbound delivery for single plant

mgross1
Participant
0 Kudos

IMG -> Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Deliveries -> Deliveries -> Define Delivery Types

Automatic packing is set for inbound delivery type (EL).

We have only set up automatic packing for a single plant.

When we perform a manual inbound delivery for all plants everything is fine but through EDI we get the idoc warning:

if packing has not been set up for the plant.

Is there a way to ignore automatic packing for all plants except the relevant plant? Or stop the idoc warning from occurring at all?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mgross1
Participant
0 Kudos

I solved the problem by putting code at enhancement point ' automatic_packing_delivery' in MV50AF0F_VERP_HU.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I feel it's not possible to customize this automatic packing for a single plant. Maybe, you have to modify the coding by placing an IF statement to check LFART = EL and WERKS = ****, in such a way that automatic packing would be executed only for these conditions.

But above changes might affect other scenario's which you need to test thoroughly.

Thanks,
Balaji

mgross1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji, thanks for the reply.

Do you know where this code would go?

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Please check the badi: BADI_HU_AUTOPACK which might be helpful here. You can find the documentation of this BADI for further details about this.

Thanks,
Balaji

mgross1
Participant
0 Kudos

I starting looking at this BADI before. I can use it to delete the "No packing instruction" message from the message table but there's another message in the idoc which results in amber status :

"In the 1 loop, no packing proposal data could be determined"

This message is added to the message table after the BADI is called.

And I can't see a way to use the BADI to cancel automatic packing depending on the plant.