Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Analysis POC method problem

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a type of POC project where we need to carry out Result Analysis. We are going to have Cost Based result Analysis method.

The design of WBS structure is as follows as of now:

Level 1 Top level is where only the invoicing will be done to the customer and so the actual revenue is booked. We are going to calculate the RA and is a billing element. RA Key is assigned at this level.

Level 2 Planning Element and also Billing Element. This is where the Cost Plan will be performed and rolled to level 1 also the Revenue Plan will be performed and rolled upto level 1.

Level 3 Account Assigned. This is where the actual will flow.

We are facing a problem now to calculate Result Analysis. Since the RA has to be performed on level 1 for POC Actual Cost/Plan Cost. This is not working it seems. As the plan costs roll up only in reports and being displayed in level 1 actually it does not get stored in cost table RPSCO. Similar for Planned Revenue it may be showing as rolled upto level 1 but it does not come up in tables.

How can I achieve this functionality? Because ultimately as per our design we have to calculate RA on level 1 and above are the challenges.

Regards,

Suman Misra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you are describing sounds ok and should work.  Where are you having problems?

Send  a screen shot of KKA2. 

My one question is how are you doing Planned Revenue?  Is it automatically coming from the Sales Order or are you manually entering it on the Level 2 WBS?

RA configuration is tricky getting all of the cost elements right.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are maintaining the Planned revenue manually with cost element planning also the Planned costs with cost elements as I believe simple hierarchy planning will not work as it is not period based.

If this is right it is working now properly. When I am planning on the lower levels and booking my actuals on the lower ones.

the only problem I am facing is it is asking an RA key for all lower level WBS while I am trying to settle the revenue accruals.

If Cost Element planning is the only way for allowing RA to calculate then is there any report which shows the planning values in a hierarchy manner? That is the plan values in the lower levels are just rolled up and shown as a cuumulative figure on the top.

Regards

Suman Misra

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only the highest level WBS should have a RA Key. RA will aggregate the costs and revenues from the lower level WBS and networks as long as that are all in the same company code.

All cost and revenue plan data is broken down to period values, you might not see it in the transaction but it is being done. Look in tables COSP and COSS.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Anybody have any inputs here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

First I would like to confirm, is your valuation method assignment is in expert mode? If yes then check you have "A" at project structure. This will summarize all cost and revenue for the WBS for which RA is executed.

If not in expert mode, still I believe summarization of cost needs to happen hierarchically i.e. pull all the cost and revenue plan/actual from objects falling under it (even NWA actuals).

Regards,

Pradeep