cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Interactive Forms Web Service Not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a Web Service within SAP, registered it with SOAMANAGER. Tested it with SOAPUI and SAP Consumer Proxy and its working.

Now, i have a requirement to create an Adobe Interactive Form which can be accessed by any team member to update their details.

I followed the following steps after successfully testing the Web Service

a) Created an Adobe Form with an empty interface

b) Created a new Data Connection with WSDL as provided by my web service

c) Dragged the Input and output fields from the Data Connection to the Master Page.

d) Added an Execute Button with Bindings to the Web Service.

e) When i run it,either by executing it or by doing Print Preview, the button is not working.

f) I also tried it with sample Calculator WSDL which is public and still it doesn't work.

Kindly, share your thoughts on where is the issue

Thanks

Sahil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

For Web Services to work the PDF must have Reader Rights applied to it to enable additional functionality in Reader. This is why you install a Reader Rights credential when you want to implement interactive scenarios. In Designer Preview the Reader Rights do not get applied to a PDF so you can't test web services in Designer with Reader.

What people usually do is write a simple ABAP program that renders the PDF and allows to download it for testing.

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thank You for your prompt reply. I will write an ABAP Program and call the Interactive Form.

I have a follow up question, will it work on Offline Scenarios, where i can mail it to someone within the organization and they can update it by downloading the form by triggering the same Web Service.

Thanks

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Yes, that will work. It is a common pattern to implement Offline scnearios.

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

That worked perfectly. Thank You very much!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Please mark the question as answered and award points to people who helped you.

Thanks,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member,

Done. Although, now, we have another requirement, The offline Adobe Forms needs to be used in Mobile Devices with Interactive Functionality.

I have researched a lot and found out that currently apps in Mobile Devices does not support Interactive functionality in PDF.

Any workaround regarding this will really be helpful.

Thanks

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Unfortunately, you are out of luck with the requirement to use XFA-based PDFs on mobile devices as Reader mobile does not support this type of PDF.

What Adobe customers do is to use either what's called HTML Forms or Adaptive Forms. They are available in AEM Forms which is the successor for LiveCycle. AEM stands for Adobe Experience Manager.

The functionality is currently not available in Interactive Forms.

Regards,

Juergen

Answers (0)